CHAPTER 7 - Accidental Kiss

KARTHIK

HOUR TWELVE⏳

My face literally turned red with embarrassment and anger. How dare she click my picture? Huh! I mean, clicking someone without their permission is extremely inappropriate.

If a man did that, they term him as pervert, scoundrel and what not? But if it's a girl, then it's cute huh?

I was tremendously offended with her act. Thus, I stayed mute and turned a blind eye to her. I didn't want to vent out my anger on her.

"Karthi?" called Priya, to which I didn't respond.

Don't turn!

"Karthi?!"

Don't! Just don't!

"I'm sorry. It's just that I found you cute, so... Nevermind! I'll delete it now."

What? My eyes widened and my head snapped at her direction. 

She found me... Cu-ute?

Composing my anticipation, I queried casually, "What?"

She smiled slightly and said, "I'll delete it."

I instanteously shook my head in response, "It's okay! You need not delete it. Anyway this is the last time, we're seeing each other."

Heeding my words, her face fell and I regretted saying that. Although, it was true. We are not gonna meet again, anyway!

"Yeah, right!" she said, in a low voice.

Silence embraced us, and tender breeze blew in through the window. I felt that I have started liking Priya, not as a friend though. My family was desperate to get me married, and here I am having feelings for a unknown girl. 

Hu-hh! She's not unknown to me but still.... She was, though. I didn't know anything about her. Except her name and profession. I was oblivious about her family, friends and other things.

I was in a state of confusion. What should I do now? 

Sometimes, people are so confusing. To be specific, their minds. Anyway, all happens for a reason. 

While I was pondering, Priya's sleepy face caught my sight.

She was leaning over the window with her lips parted. She was beautiful with those baby hair kissing her cheeks. 

I slowly voiced, "Priya?"

She didn't respond. I called her again, "Priya!?"

She didn't respond again. She was in deep slumber. So I decided to let her sleep. Afterall, she didn't sleep well yesternight. 

Just then, a mischievous idea sparked in my mind.

I could click her picture...

Tit for tat! 

Smirking, I got hold of my mobile, and opened the camera. Standing up, I moved to her seat and angled the mobile to click the photo. But before I could click, another idea invaded my brain.

Inorder to accomplish it, I turned the camera into selfie mode. I slithered close to her and attempted to click the camera button.

Unfortunately, the train took an unexpected turn and ultimately, my lips landed on her right cheek. Promptly, I felt everything freeze, including my heart.

My heart beat raced and I immediately withdrew my lips from her cheek. But woefully, Priya was awake already. Her sight burnt me. 

Oh shit!