I sighed contently as I leaned my head against his shoulder.

"You definitely take care of me and I do appreciate it," I told him.

"Of course I do darling I mean you take care of me too," he told me.

I smiled. 

"So what did you have in mind for dinner? I know it's early but if you don't wanna cook, I could always cook for us," he told me.

All I could think about was how kind he was. His sobriety and his health were really shining now. He was stepping up back to where he used to be.

"I wasn't even thinking about dinner honey," I told him chuckling.

"I'm sure you'll be hungry sooner than later," he told me chuckling.

"Well I mean if you would like to cook, I ain't gonna say no to you," I told him.

I glanced at him and he was smiling.

He glanced at his watch and saw it was nearly 4 already. 

"Well I better go get things gathered for dinner so we can enjoy the evening," he told me as he stood up.

"Is that your way of asking to stay the night?" I teased.

"Perhaps darling," he told me chuckling.

And so, Andy disappeared to the kitchen. It was nice to be loved properly for once in my life.

About 5, I went to check in on Andy and he had pretty much everything done.

"Does pasta sound good to you?" he asked as he gestured to the stove.

"I'm a sucker for carbs duh," I told him chuckling.

"Dinner will be ready in about 10 minutes darling," he told me.

"Sounds good. I am so grateful you decided to come over," I told him.

"I was thinking about it and we have been together 6 months now," he told me proudly.

"Yeah huh?" I asked him as I got the plates and silverware on the table.

"A year ago I didn't know I could be so happy," he admitted as he stood next to me.

"I feel the exact same," I told him with a smile.

We sat down for dinner and enjoyed the quietness. Sometimes the smallest things mean the most. 

After dinner, we cleaned dinner up and got everything situated for the evening. I was in the shower when I came back to Andy on the phone.

"Yes, Barry I really love her. This isn't like my previous relationships," I could hear from the other side of the door.

Andy was talking a million miles away. 

I lollygagged while I got dressed and did my normal night routine in the bathroom.

"I really hope we can fly out to Florida the two of us soon so you can get to know her," he told him.

I really wished I could hear Barry's side of the conversation. Both Hugh and Barbara liked how good I was for Andy. I wasn't a groupie, I wasn't anything but someone who cared for a man named Andrew.

"Yeah, I'm at her house tonight. We haven't officially talked about moving in with each other but I do love the idea of waking up to her every morning," he commented as I decided to cave and open the door to my bedroom after standing in the hall.

Whether he was done with the conversation was another story.

He smiled at me as I went out of the bedroom to the hall to get my water for the night and to check the doors.

As I was walking back, I heard Andy still on the phone. I picked up the phone in the living room.

"Do you love her?" I heard Barry ask.

"Are you kidding? I'm crazy about her," he told him.

I was smiling so big.

Obviously, they hadn't stopped talking about our relationship.

"Andy, you are so whipped," Barry teased him.

I stifled a chuckle.

"Well she loves me a lot and she's not like anyone I've ever known," he replied.

"That's a good thing right?" Barry asked.

"Of course. I wouldn't be here today where I am," Andy commented.

I decided to stop eavesdropping and came back to the bedroom. After about 2 more minutes on the phone, Andy got off the phone for the night.

 The nights together during the week were rather quick because I had to get up at 4:45 for work the next morning. So, we were in bed by 9. 

"Thanks for coming over today. It was a really sweet gesture of you to do so,"  I told him as we undid the bed.

"Of course darling," he told me as we fixed the pillows for the night.

I dreaded the fact I'd have to wake up and go to work. If only I could make money by staying at home.

I yawned as I looked at the clock. It was already 9:15. I groaned realizing I needed to get to sleep to get at least 7 hours of sleep.

"Come here," he told me.

That was one thing that I did do well when Andy was here. I slept pretty solid and didn't even want to get out of bed.

He kissed me good night and I went off to dreamland once more.