𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

St. Joseph School, Kolkata

Arjun sat panting on the ground, his brows furrowed as his little hand wound over his ankle, breathing out. His hairs were disheveled over his forehead, and his uniform stained with mud, with the school children hovering over him and the other one crouching at a distance from him. 

The school playground was in a chaos. 

"Arjun! Are you fine?" A few boys ran towards him, watching the eleven year old holding his ankle, "Ouch...ou-"

His half open eyes were but stuck upon the other person who was groaning out, but also glaring at him. Reet huffed, wiping her forehead with her elbow as her eyes travelled to her wrist which had a dark blue patch by now and attempted to get up, panting. Her expressions equally miffed as the latter one, she was almost shooting daggers through her brown eyes. 

"What happened?! What happened over here?" A female voice called out in a tensed tone, rushing over to the spot. 

"Move over from here! Disperse!" Mandira commanded waving her hand, as the students began to move away.

"Ma'am both of them were fighting!" One of them spoke up.

"Yes Ma'am! And then both of them fell down after pushing each other!"

Mandira examined both the children, gazing at her innocently but then glaring back at each other, "This girl pushed me first!" Arjun scoffed, grazing his hand over his ankle and groaning a bit after touch.

"He's lying! He only started the fight!" The girl's shrill voice made Arjun snap back at her.

"Ma'am this is a lie!"

"No, don't lie Arjun, you pushed me!" Reet fumed, clutching her wrist, "He pushed me Ma'am! You don't know him he lies a lot!" 

"Aye, watch your mouth!" Arjun scoffed back, gritting his teeth.

"Quiet! Quiet you both I said! Behave yourself!" Mandira raised her tone, while another teacher arrived to help her out, "Now try to get up...." She held one hand under Arjun's underarm, as he attempted to stand up with a few groans, while the other teacher held Reet's wrist carefully, and made her stand properly. 

Everything wouldn't have happened if the boys had not teamed up against the girls that afternoon, for a game of dodge ball. 

Everything wouldn't have happened if a there erupted a fight between Reet and Arjun over whether it was cheating and one of his friends had deliberately made one of the players from Reet's side stumble. And even before anyone could imagine, there was a heated argument between two of them, Arjun removing her hand after she slightly pushed his shoulder; and it led to collar grabbing and boom! 

Both of them were toppled on the floor, whining. 

Both couldn't just stop glaring at each other, even after they were being taken away by their respective teachers. 

"Call both their guardians asap!" 

And it was just the beginning. 

********

A/N

Kya badhiya shuruwat hai *chef's kiss* 

Signing off for today!

Nushkie