𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟸𝟸

Pune

Reet's POV

I rested the heel of my palm on my forehead, still tittering. I just didn't know why I was laughing but looking at Arjun's face was making me laugh harder, and by now I was practically giggling. 

"Don't laugh, mad woman. Don't laugh." That tone from his own tittering self made me laugh more. Shit, I am mad. And so is my fate. I mean, isn't it satisfied with all that that happened six months ago? Does it wants more so that it can laugh back at me?

Probably. My stars are screwed. Totally. 

"Look, I am innocent this time." I stopped laughing and pursed my lips to abstract it, still not meeting his eyes. 

"And I am Shah Rukh Khan then." He swiveled the steering, shaking his head while I covered my forehead with my palm. Now even the population has turned to eight billion, still? Still him? 

Why, my goodness. Just why?

"What are you doing here, Arjun?" I asked the most important question that was running in my head for so long, "And don't ask about me since your Uncle has already told you why am I here." 

"This is my Uncle's home?" He coolly responded, "I hope you know what do I mean by 'my Uncle'?" And again his sarcasm is on point. He will never answer my questions straight away.

"Oh God not again...." I drawled, laying my head on the seat-head rolling my eyes. And I saw him smirk, and knew that the awkwardness had subsided. That was a relief, Arjun would be the last person I wanted to be awkward with to be honest. I can't, I just can't. That time when things had nullified between us, it was so-I don't know but it was very weird. 

Not that I complained, but it was so out of character. 

I like when everything is freaking sarcastic between us and the teases. Not the awkwardness, God!

"You think you can extract any answer from me without getting sassed?" 

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes. 

"Fine fine, I have an internship in Pune. Once I complete it, I will be getting a job here....maybe work like two to three years. Uncle was alone so he only suggested me to come over and stay with him for the time being." I glanced at him amusedly, resting my palm on the cheek, "Then?"

"Kolkata, of course." 

"That's great...." I didn't know how to congratulate him. I never congratulated Arjun before, yeah. Because every time he achieved something, he made sure to display it wildly in front of me. 

"Did you just congratulate me?" He sounded animatedly surprised, making me chuckle inwardly.

"Yup. Because for the first time you aren't showing off your achievements or something and humbly said it." I tapped on the bag, smirking and looking forward. He didn't reply but I could make him firm his grip on the gear, "Just admit you were jealous."

"Jealous? Of you? I had better works than being that-" I wish it was so true six years back. 

"That's a lie, isn't it?" 

I ran my fingers against the handle of my bag, looking away. Of course, I was bad at pretending back then and even now, "Nope." 

He didn't say anything, but had the smile etched on his face for sometime, "You're so poor at pretending."

I bit my lip, putting on a solemn expression, "Shut up and drive." 

"Awww..." God, I wish I could just punch that cheeky attitude out of him. 

"You're so annoying," I folded my arms against my bosom, looking away. 

"Isn't it?" 

"Shut up."

But this time, he was annoying me but at the same time I was enjoying it. It's been a long time since everything took time to be in order, and meanwhile I had almost forgotten what 'enjoying' meant actually. 

It was not easy at all....but-

I suddenly felt the car jerk for a moment, a shearing noise coming from behind causing me to squeal a bit, glancing out of the window. I spun at Arjun who was sitting drumming his fingers on the steering.

"What happened?" 

"No-no I mean how-" He turned towards me, closing his eyes and raising his palms, "Just how? I mean how do you manage to do this?"

"What did I do now?" I was genuinely confused. 

"Whenever you sit in my car....something or the other definitely happens." He mumbled, groaning a bit while removing his seat belt and jumping out of the car. I saw him sauntering and crouching below, checking the tire.

Oops....did his car tire just got punctured? 

**********

A/N

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣shuru hogya panauti.

Signing off for today!

Nushkie