𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟼

Shimla

Arjun's Pov

"What?! " Reet panicked, glancing around frantically inside the car, "B-but where am I supposed to go?!"

I drummed my fingers on the steering, clenching my jaws together and let down a gulp, "How am I supposed to know that? Go wherever you want but leave me alone!" I snapped back, gazing at her.

I have depicted whatever patience I had already. If she crosses a black cat's path, I swear to Lord even the black cat is going to have its worst day. She has already given me nightmares and a trip which almost made me look as if death is going to greet me soon.

The day I first met her, we ended up breaking each other's bones and landed in hospital. Now after meeting me again she does plan to send me directly to the crematorium?

One more mistake of mine, I am damn confident that I would freaking have my pictures hung on walls adorned with garlands!

"Arjun, you can't do this to me! You can't leave me in a freaking fore--" before she could complete, I spun around and grabbed her shoulders with all my might. She froze completely with a stunned expression on her face and a ragged breath, her eyes almost bulging out in astonishment.

I shoved her stiff body a bit towards me, and directly glanced into her dilated pupils with my brows crossed over my nose, "Listen Miss Reet Krishnaa Raichand, I don't freaking care about about what you do and where you should go. But please, for God's sake, stop sticking with me!" I almost screamed in my whisper through gritted teeth, "You always know how to attract problems for you and even without wanting it I always get involved somehow or the other! And you are my nothing for which I am going to risk my precious life, did you damn understand?" I spewed all the distaste I had developed.

"Just. Get. lost!"

Reet stared at me hard in sheer annoyance, her pupils roaming around my face and eyebrows slightly crossed. Her jaw clenched as she continued with her piercing gaze, the corner of her eyes turning red.

Her gaze was enough to burn down someone, I lessened my grip on her shoulder and moved back slightly. Without speaking a further word, she pushed away her arms harshly, making me drop my hands from her. I looked away at the front, while she started to dig out her bag from behind the seat.

Was I a bit too............ harsh?

As if I care. For even what am I going to risk my precious life for her? I was about to die a few minutes ago, if not die, get hospitalized and she would've been gone without a scratch or something-

Arjun- 

I looked outside the window, not wanting to change my mind though a part of me threatened to do so. Reet kept shooting glances while she arranged her bag, while I raised my eyebrows and indicated to her to hurry.

I heard her unlock the door slightly, when something in the rear view mirror caught my attention. My eyeballs bulged out at the sight, lips parting.

"Reet........get the hell..........inside!" I screamed at the top of my lungs and scampered towards the seat beside me. Reet paused abruptly with a leg outside the car and I without warning sprung over her.

"Arjun! What the hell are you doing?!"

Grabbing her waist, I dragged her inside making her almost fall on the seat and roll down on the car floor over her face, grumbling hard. Before she could even straighten herself, I pulled my gear and pressed my foot harshly on the accelerator.

"Ayee Arjun!" Reet was trying to get up by holding the seat belt which was hanging but I swiveled my car with all my might making her slip back on the car floor every time I changed it's direction, "Arjun Roy Chowdhury, I swear I will kill you!" I would have been down on the road laughing my ass off seeing her condition, but right now I cared for my ass's safety more than my enjoyment.

I ignored her screams and hurried my car, as the three cars had already caught up with us and were following with great speed.

 Speeding even more, sweat beaded on my forehead as I groaned. The men behind shouted their lungs off, making me feel as if we would be caught any moment. My face crumpled as if I was about to cry, not knowing what to do as one of the cars came face to face with me.

A man who was sitting beside the driver's seat in the car almost grabbed me by my collar making Reet shriek hard from underneath. "Stop the damn car, asshole!" He tried to shove me out but I turned the car instead to make him release me. They drove the car towards my direction, the man's hand waving in the air in order to grab me again.

"Arjun, do something! Please!"

"Keep quiet! What can I do like this?!" I screamed back, my eyes glancing around helplessly while I speeded up the car faster. Turning a sharp right, a few barricades sprawled near the edge of the open side of the road caught my attention.

I don't know if I could do it, but that's the only option it seems like.

Slowing down for a moment and changing the track, I jerked my hand outside to grab the railing of the barricade and speeded up, releasing it from my grip, causing that thing to topple completely on the ground along with three to four others, instantly jamming the road.

Breathing rashly, I gazed outside to realize the cars were blocked and before they could even come out, my pressure on the accelerator increased.

*************

Bechara Arjun 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Signing off for today!

Kiritija Nushkie