𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟷𝟹

Outskirts of Shimla

Reet's POV

"Hey Reet! Get up!"

"Reet!" 

A mellow sigh left my lips as I attempted to flutter my eyes open, still half drowsy and attempting to discern my surroundings. Rubbing my eyes, the sharp warm sunlight was directly falling over my forehead causing me to scrunch as I glanced down to witness Arjun poking my shoulder with his finger. 

I raised my brows and sat up eventually, yawning....my body had stopped aching finally! Yes, I was feeling a bit tired, but thank the goodness I had no fever.

"What is this?" I squinted my eyes at a clay glass which Arjun was handing over to me, with something greenish inside. 

Oh shit-

Shit. That was kaadha

My lips curled out in disgust, "Eww....."

Arjun rolled his eyes, "Shut up and drink this."

"This.....where did you get from?" I pointed at it, my nose still scrunching as I held the glass. Even the smell was so bitter. Grandma used to make this for me when I used to be sick and my God the taste was worse than hell. Like why are medicines so awful to taste? 

"Aunty gave. Now shut up and drink. You have already not allowed me to sleep yesterday." 

I felt like repeated his words mimicking him, but stopped over, "Who asked you to stay awake? Did I?" I  glanced at him with a judging look.

"Look at this woman," He slapped his head, looking away dramatically, "This woman can't take any sort of good behavior. Oh God please help!" He glanced at the rooftop and joined his palms, "Do bad to her she will complain, do good to her and she will complain even further!"

"Shut up....." I mumbled, biting my lips feeling a bit embarrassed. I pressed my nose to avoid the bitter smell and brought the glass close to my lips. Fine, I had to drink it in a single gulp.

Come on Reet, you can do this! 

I swear the look Arjun was giving me, if he had his phone's battery alive he would've taken a video of it and posted on social media right then. I averted his gaze from him and started to sip it slowly, and instantly regretted, the bitter taste lingering on my lips. But gathering courage I began to gulp it down.

"By the way Reet...." I couldn't even listen to him properly, as I was struggling to gulp the thick liquid down my throat, "We can't leave today. There has been a landslide nearby and it will take three to four hours to clear it up." He said in one breath but enough to cause me choke on the funny shake. 

I instantly removed the glass from my mouth, "What?!"

He glanced away, folding the edge of sleeves of his shirt, and gave me a sick smile of mock, "Are you deaf? Can't you hear what I said?" 

"No way, I am not going to stay here one more day!" I kept the glass away, with a look of shock on my face.

"So you think I am interested staying here? With you?" He rested himself against the wall and wrapped his arms around his knees, "Kismat panauti hai bhai....(My luck has been getting worse)."

Very good.

Awesome.

Super awesome. 

I held my forehead. One more day stuck with Arjun. Great! And if the goons of my family come tracking me down here.....even great!

"Where have you parked your car idiot?" I whispered, still cupping my forehead. 

"Of course, on the backside of the village!" Thank God he atleast used his brain. I can't believe in the past twenty four hours I had run away from my marriage leaving my fiancé hanging at the altar, running away from goons and sticking with Arjun. Or better, been at his 'mercy'. 

If someone ever had a meter of measuring my patience, the needle would have blasted off today.

It was noon when I had woke up, luckily my hosts did not pass me a judgmental look when I climbed down the staircases and nervously greeted them, acting like a coy women after marriage. 

I knew they were warm but conservative and all; any sort of mistake from our side and when we would be evicted out. 

The village didn't look that bad from the previous night. I mean, it was beautiful. Currently, I stood outside the window by sliding the wooden panes. The afternoon was clear, with a few white clouds floating in the sky and a cool breeze lurking, the faint white glimpse of the mountains.

It was very....quiet. 

Though our house was also on a property, a bit away from the main city-but of course peace was a rare sight over there. I frown crept on my face as soon as I recalled, just a few hours more, Reet. 

A few hours more......I sighed back, my long hair was wavering all over my face. I moved over to my bag and dug out a scrunchie and comb with irritation. One of the reasons I absolutely disliked long hairs.

A sort of unwanted maintenance would just creep into my life. 

I used to absolutely love my short, bob cut hairs in childhood. They were classy and easy to maintain with just a ponytail or just let them be free. These tangles would be the death of me. 

Sitting down, I prepared myself for a wrestle.

I hadn't combed my hair since yesterday so I was prepared to face the wrath of my tresses. Of course, it wasn't that messy given that I was provided an 'expensive spa' two days ago for my so called marriage- yet. I began to brush down my comb through my tangles, and it amazingly got stuck in between as I had expected. 

Cool! 

My fingers held my hairs up, as I ran down my comb. It was so easy when Grandma used to do them down for me, I had hardly even touched my hairs in her presence. Her fingers where magical indeed, and it was tamed in less than ten minutes with a good braid. 

Now I have to........do this alone. 

I groaned lowly, it was almost a growl--causing Arjun to stand near the door, amused.

"Whoa....you didn't reveal you are a werewolf." He shrugged, walking up casually towards me. I ignored him and continued my deed.

"Is that how you comb your hair, Reet?" He had the audacity to point his index finger at him with a bewildered look on his face, making my nose flare further, "Any problem?" I gritted my teeth at him with a saccharine smile.

"No like seriously. Who combs hairs like this?" He looked down at me with hands on his waist.

I rolled my eyes. I was already pissed and there comes Arjun the great judging me for every single antic I made. A brilliant idea stuck me, making me smirk, "So you do it....?" I innocently blinked at him with my comb and scrunchie.

His eyebrows fell all of a sudden, making me shrug, "See? Complaining and doing stuffs is altogether different." 

"Who said I can't?" And my eyes flickered over to his face at once. 

***********

A/N

Talented Arjie we habe 🌝✨

Signing off for today!

Nushkie