𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟷𝟿

Chandigarh Railway Station

Arjun's POV

I never knew I would be saying these words to Reet someday. But now that I did, there was no going back to it. 

She deserved her freedom. She deserved to live according to her own will. 

For once, for once I wanted to forget everything and cheer her up like a third person. Moreover, everything would be over within five minutes. Reet and Arjun would never meet, and it would be the end of the story. 

There was no harm in putting a neutral end to it. Yes we disliked each other, maybe now--I don't know. But now, today, I just didn't want to let it surface out. I knew she needed a bit of assurance, and there was no one for her. 

I did not pity her, though. Reet was a kind of person for whom pity would be the last action. I just didn't know what I felt that moment. 

She was going away....finally. Again. 

And I could go back, and there wouldn't be any problems reaching out to me further. She and I would part ways, but this perhaps in a better note than the last one. 

My heart thudded faster as she glanced at me, those glistening eyes that resembled lotus petals very acutely. I knew it was very ancient to compare them with that....but she had doe-shaped eyes carved out like lotus petals....and they were beautiful. 

Always. It's not the first time I had noticed. 

Heck, she was pretty and she knew it. 

She smiled a bit with pursed lips and nodded, of course not expecting such a response from me. I saw her clutch her bag firmly, holding it close to her bosom, "Er....Arjun--I don't know how to say it but...Tha-" There was a sudden whistle from the train.

Oh shit, it was nine-thirty!

"Goddamn!" We both squealed at the same time. Reet spun around and rushed towards the train, that had already started in its slow pace, and so did me. I saw her grabbing the railing of it as she climbed safely into it.

I stopped running, placing both my palms on my waist and crossing my eyebrows together to shield myself from the strong sunlight. 

I saw the train picking up speed, while she was facing her back and adjusting her bag properly, trying to enter. 

Finally....it's over. I sighed a bit deeply, an overwhelming emotion sweeping over me as I continued watching her. She was leaving, like six years ago. I fingers fastened together into fist, not knowing what I was actually expecting.

I should be leaving but I was standing there like a freaking idiot. Waiting for what, I don't know. 

But still I wanted to. I lowered my lids and was about to turn back for a while, but then chose to turn once again towards the train. 

And there. 

Reet caught my eye, very far. I couldn't discern her expression well, but she did something.

She stood near the train gate and waved at me slowly. And that little gesture had the freaking audacity to melt my heart for a while. Without thinking further, I ran a bit and waved at her, not knowing whether she saw or not because after a few seconds, she vanished into oblivion. 

She was gone....but this time. Our separation was different.

Much different than the previous one. Breathing in, I turned back, preparing to leave.

Over Arjun. It's over.

Be happy, for what ended on a note which was better. 

I walked over to my car, and hopped over to a nearest shop; buying a charger for my phone's model.

It charged it till a ten percent and I instantly switched in on, my heart thudding faster. And as expected, five missed calls from Baba from yesterday night. Fuck, he is going to kill me today. My forehead scrunched as I shook my head, dialing his number.

"Hello...?" I nervously answered as he picked up on the otherwise.

"Arjun, you're screwed. Where the heck where you so long?!" He practically screamed those words into my ear like a loudspeaker, and I had to hold it away from it, "Baba, Baba I am sorry! I can explain!"

I pleaded on the phone.

"Just shut up! I called up your PG and you were not even there!"

"I called up Abhirup and you weren't there! You know what! I was about to call the police right now, idiot!" I closed my eyes, trying to hold my smile as I held the phone at some distance. Heck, I didn't knew whether I should be scared or be happy that he loved me so much. 

"Baba....I can explain...cal-calm down! Please!" I was trying to hold my laughter. I didn't knew why I felt like laughing whenever he used to scold me. I know I am shameless.

"Shut the heck up! I feel like slapping you left and right!" 

"Baba, sorry! I can explain!" He hung up the phone before I could say one more word. Exhaling, I called him up again, and I knew he would pick it up in a single go.

"What happened now?" He deadpanned on the call.

"Baba, I am sorry! Let me explain atleast?" I tried to sound innocent as possible, catching him breathing heavily on the other side of the call. 

"Fine!Go on...." 

**********

A/N

With that, we come to the end of the first half of the book! *grins*😍😍😍.

To mai kuch dino baad update karungi agle chapters...so that the separation track atleast stays with my readers, till then I will be either updating Arjun or Bound To You.

Signing off for today!

Nushkie