𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟷

11 years later...

Shimla

Arjun's POV

I laid myself back on the seat comfortably, my right hand casually controlling the gear while the bootless legs involved in the breaks. The car gilded through the newly constructed road, which had previously been in wreckage due to heavy rainfall.

Smile, adorned my face as I hummed a familiar song playing on my radio while the huge conifers on one side of the road casted their reflection on the polished surface of my Belano. Four days, the University was actually able to comprehend the need of giving a break to the students!

Our term had just ended, and the only time we had were these four days before we resumed back to our mundane schedule once again. Not really mundane though, Shimla would never let you feel like that ever. You can always go out to explore yourself if you're adventurous or simply relax at the Mall road, making it one of the reasons why chose this University instead of any city ones.

The 90's music playing right now even added to the mood as I dreamily drove with an occasional cool air colliding with my face. There was finally some time I could make out for myself, and what else can be satisfactory except thinking about the fun we'll have at the Dewdrop Villa?

It was Abhirup's father's property, I have seen him raving about it so much and oh so gorgeous it looks in the pictures! How can I even miss the chance?

Dude, I have being craving, literally craving for a good holiday!

Previously when we had an off, I remember I was loaded with a project, and the other time being a fresher the seniors had somehow convinced me to participate in a fest. I won't admit I didn't have fun, but it is really not very pleasant when they leave out at any moment and you are there, clenching your teeth with all the work in the juniors' hands and just watching them walk away.

In short, I could never enjoy any of the offs we were offered from the University.

Increasing the volume of the music, I mentally rejoiced finally finding something worth doing. Pausing the car for sometime, I reopened the Google Maps to check whether I was traversing the correct path or not.

"Take the left turn and, Mirabilis resort.." I murmured, setting my phone back to the stand as I slowly drove, having a keen eye on the road as well as on the Maps when it began flashing the familiar name of my friend, Shaurya.

"Aye Roy Chowdhury, where are you stuck dude?" his hoarse voice echoed, as I kept the phone on speaker, "Come fast or we are gonna finish all the good stuffs bro!" his voice had a mock, indicating what he was intending to say with 'good stuffs' and all.

But, I am a dry person.

"It's going to take some time, I haven't yet crossed Mirabilis."

"What, not even Mirabilis!? When are you planning to come, tomorrow or what?'' His slightly drunk voice on the phone made me roll my eyes for a moment. I could already hear the faint sounds of the rock music being played behind. Well to be honest, I ain't interested in parties, I just wanted to relax at the Villa.

Without any gulps or ear-drum bursting music and all. I guess I'll have to adjust, but before that I am more interested in reaching the Villa first. It was already one-thirty in the afternoon by my watch and Sun really sets fast in the hills. 

I shouldn't have taken this route.

"Yea, yeah I am there you just carry on Shau..." I took a left turn as directed by the maps.

"Arjun," his voice became a bit excited all of a sudden, "Arjun you won't believe but, but, Megha has come dude!" his voice became shriller, probably because he had now held his speaker closer to his mouth and I could here a thrilled scream after he uttered his name.

"What!? Really!?" I immediately broke into a grin. I instantly switched off the loud-speaker, pulled out the phone from the stand and hastily placed it near my left-ear while I controlled my steering with the free arm. I even turned off the radio to have a clear understanding of what he would be saying now.

"God, and you won't believe it! She was asking for you man!"

I could feel my palms getting sweaty due to excitement. Megha was a year junior than me, and she would be leaving after the semester ended. I was really hoping to get along with her, damn she was kickass and gorgeous!

Well, long distances don't hurt right? I might be making memories with her, till the year ends and the thought only made my hand swivel the steering a bit faster. We exchanged glances during the fresher's party and performed a couple dance as well. After that I kind of wanted to hang out again with her, but again goddamn this pressure from the institute!

 I responded back with a slight heat on my cheeks, crossing my eyebrows as I took a turn which took me to a new hill. I guess I was near Mirabilis Resort, and within an hour I would be there.

I couldn't just stop grinning, oh my everything is going as I had planned! Shaurya was still blabbering on the phone, I was replying in  mumbled tones. His voice was just entering my ears, but my brain was already filled up with Megha's thoughts.

Biting my lips while I was occupied, a sudden honking of a car made me look up with widened eyes, "Oh shit! Shit!" I turned my steering a bit harder, making my car skid on the road which was slightly slippery.

I pulled the gear instantly, while my foot hit the brake hard, noticing that my car was almost about to collide with something flashing scarlet in front of me. I dropped the phone beside the driver's seat, slipping in my shoes and jumping out of the car while banging open the door.

"What the hell!?" I heard the female's shrill voice, the one on whom my car was about to hit. She had scampered a few steps back with a huge leather bag dropped on the road, and was adjusting her very intricately designed lehenga.

Wait, is she a bride or what?

I stepped forward to help, extending my hand making a airy sound with my mouth. The lady's hair was all over her face, preventing me from witnessing my victim.

"I-I am really sorry ma'am! It was an acci-" I stopped midway as she flipped her hair and gazed back at me with an annoyed face, the sight in front of me made my jaw drop and tongue betray.

"You!?" we both questioned in exactly the same tone, her being shriller.

A/N

The first chapter is here! The real fun is from the second chapter though. 😂

Well *coughs* some locations from Shimla are going to be imaginary *disclaimer* so don't mind.  🙈

Signing off for today!

~Nushkie