𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟸𝟶

6 Months Later

Pune

Reet's POV

I gazed at the wrist watch, hanging the bag over my shoulder. It was four in the afternoon, and I have half an hour left more. The corridors of the college were reeking with students as the last bell rang, I shoved my hairs from my forehead running out to catch the first bus from the lane.

"Reet, Reet, Reet!" I stopped rushing, my lips breaking into a smile as Pratithi collided with me, "Where are you rushing off to? I thought we would be heading to the café!"

"You forgot? I told you right I have to leave early today..." I continued walking as she followed me.

"Oh shoot! It was today?" Her forehead scrunched up as I patted her back, "Next Friday? Please?" I gave her a pleading look.

"Seriously, very studious peeps." She crossed her arms on her bosom, walking beside me, "Sorry..." I whispered in her ear, patting her back as I exited the college gate. I scrolled through my phone to locate the address which was sent by me by Dr. Chauhan, yeah there it is. Very well, it would take me atleast half an hour if I take a local bus; walking up towards the bus stand, I was waiting for it to arrive.

Poona College of Arts and Sciences; the large hoarding of my college was hung right on the opposite side. It was my sheer luck, to be honest. I did not expect them to accept any student in their mid semesters, I still remember a bit of pleadings with the Dean with Mrs. Gupta, trying to make them understand my situation and all. Nevertheless, it was worth the effort. 

Dr. Chauhan was my professor for the Electrodynamics department, one of the crucial papers of this year; and was skeptical since I had missed half of the semester due to all everything. And it was not allowed to take personal help from them or neither they could favor any student exceptionally; I had to cover up what was taught, so he suggested me an ex Physics Professor of this college, who even happened to be the HOD of this department in his time; Dr. Pratham. 

I just needed help. Worrying about who would be able to help me would be the last thing, so I found myself nodding wildly as soon as Dr. Chauhan even started giving me a solution.

There was no way I could compromise this year. It was a new college for me and I had to cope up; by hook or by crook. 

My brows scrunched as I continued gazing at the watch when I felt a tap on my shoulder, "Karan?" My lips bloomed into a light tipped smile as he returned a grin. Karan was a year senior than me, kind of popular in this college; it would've been quite tough to manage the initial month without him.

 "Hi!" He patted my shoulder, "Where are you off to, Reet? I thought you would stay back..." 

"I thought but....I have some extra classes to attend, so yeah." I smiled back at him, nodding. He pushed back his hairs, a frown on his face, "I wish you would've stayed back..."

"Huh? You said something?" I blinked at him, not being able to hear clearly what he said. He immediately was caught off guard as he shook his head, "No, I-" He rubbed the back of his neck nervously, as I gave a light tipped smile. He had turned a bit nervous around me nowadays, the initial days were pretty friendly of him and his flirtatious ways. I did not mind that, it was just a friendly way of him interacting with everyone. 

I don't know why but sometimes I feel like-

My gaze snapped towards at the bus which was arriving, "I got to leave....good bye!" I waved at him, climbing into the bus.

The sun was almost settling behind the clouds, the rays sprawling across the crimson sky. I glanced at the address repeatedly and at the house in front of me. The nameplate read the address and the name; yeah, I made it without being lost.

My digits gripped the handle of the bag, as I pressed on the calling bell twice and stepped back, waiting.

Within a few seconds, an elderly man with steel rimmed glasses opened the door, scrunching his forehead but the confusion was replaced with a warm smile, "Miss Reet from Poona College?" 

"Yes Sir." I nodded, a wave of relief spreading over me that I was at the correct place.

"Great! Please come inside. Dr. Chauhan had already informed me of you..." I smiled back politely at him, my eyes traversing over the living room that was decorated soberly. There was faint scent of room freshener in the room.

"Please, please take a seat my child." He pointed towards the couch. It seems like he still retained the restrain and collectiveness of a professor, he appeared that professional. I kept my bag on the couch and sat down, feeling a bit nervous at the same time. I had never been put to tuitions in childhood, I used to study alone without much help. And being in front of a professor all alone was a bit intimidating.

I didn't knew what to answer if he asked me why I joined in the middle of the semester....

"I understand, it's a bit difficult to cope up when you're joining in the mid-semesters dear." He spoke Hindi with a Bengali accent, and that reminded me subtly of someone

I nodded with a smile, handing him out my books; he amusedly went through them after adjusting his glasses, and we had a brief discussion regarding how much was covered and what where I was having problems. 

I was wrong. 

Pratham Sir was totally a different person all over. Gone was his stoic posture as he was freely conversing with me in intervals, making sure I was comfortable. Though I subtly brushed off the topics regarding my family, the extroverted me was pretty happy with the instant development. 

Two hours had passed by and we had completed a good chunk of the theory from Electrodynamics. 

"There you go..." He closed the book, handing me the pencil as I sipped on the coffee along with him. 

"It was quite fast," I smiled at him, it was almost eight at night. I should be leaving now. 

"So Reet? Why did you chose joining in the middle of the semester...I mean, no one does it though." He sipped on the coffee, gazing at me amusedly. 

Shit-

The topic I was trying to avoid was finally up. 

"Actually Sir, due to some problems; I had to move away and all. I didn't want to skip a year, so yeah." I sat up straight on the sofa, clutching the material of my clothing, watching him nod gradually. Thank the goodness. 

"It actually takes a lot of guts to do." He raised me his coffee mug and I chuckled a bit. The last sip of the coffee was over, when the bell rang up all of a sudden.

 He mumbled something, walking over towards the door.

I leaned forward and heard a bit of whisperings with a bit of curiosity, it grew clearer as there were footsteps into the living room.

"Yeah...I get you. I will email you tonight positively." And the too much familiar voice greeted my years, making my eyes go wide all of a sudden.

What the-

This-this can't be possible!

No this is-this can't be I am hallucinating. Not every guy needs to have a voice like-

My gaze snapped towards the person who halted midway, with his phone on his ear and clutching his bag, making me freeze on spot.

Ar-

Arjun? 

**********

A/N

🤣🤣🤣🤣now the book title seems justified.

Signing off fir today!

Nushkie