𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟺

Shimla

Arjun's POV

Reet's jaw dropped open as I screamed, making me copy her expression as well, realization hitting me for what I just did.

"Oyee! You both!" a hoarse voice echoed from behind, causing me to gasp and spin my head back. Our efforts crumbled down wonderfully as a sturdy man spotted us from behind the tree, his moustachious face already giving me hints that he would eat us alive if caught.

"Shit-" I don't know how but we both cursed under our breath at the same time, my eyes prepared to be detached from the sockets. 

"They are here!" a goon rushed towards the spot, following up one another. I could hear Reet breathing from her mouth loudly, her fingers tightening upon my sleeve.

She will get herself screwed for sure, but will get my head separated from my body as well.

"Hey! Do not let them escape!"

Almost seven to eight figures were almost on the verge of catching us up, with expressions as if they're going to eat us alive. 

 I mean it is easy to catch all and beat the shit out of them. Even break a bone or too and separate their teeth from jaw. And run away without getting a single scratch in a daunting pace. 

But you know that happens where?

Only in movies.

What happens in real life?

We run so as to save our asses from being beaten black and blue. 

Does anyone remember than in schools there used to hundred meter races in sports without any reason, and everyone had to participate compulsorily? I now get it why they do so.

Because they know that people like shitty fortune like me do exist in the world.

So before they could even comprehend, Reet held my sleeve and we scampered wildly through the trees, gasping. I won't even exaggerate right now, I can literally feel my heart hanging from my chest as we continuously cursed under our breath to atleast to make a part of us feel relieved.

"Oye! Oye wait!"

How on earth did they imagine we would actually follow their command?

We were just randomly running here and there, dodging the slender trunks and panting hard. I was running short of breath and out of nowhere Reet stopped running and arched back, squinting her eyes. I abruptly halted and peeked to spot that the edge of her dupatta had caught in between the twigs of a shrub.

She clicked her tongue in desperation and tried to pull her skirt frantically, but in vain.

"What the hell, Reet!" I muttered under my breath under tension, scrabbled towards where her lehenga was stuck and kneeled, "Why on earth do you wear such clothes when they can't be handled by you?" I know those words make no sense, but right now I wasn't in a condition to speak anything sensible.

I can't even leave her right now. If she gets caught they will make her spill out my details as well and all and I will be chopped into pieces. 

Reet didn't reply, but kept trying to free her clothing, "Arjun, plea-please do fast!" she panted and trembled, keeping an eye on the goons.

"Will you stay still in one position!?" I tried to control my temper and glaring at her I shoved her behind the bushes, again going back to my job.

"Arjun, you ca-"

She stopped midway, our eyes shooting up hearing the footsteps of the goons. "Shit!" I swore, giving a hard jerk to the edge of the cloth, a part of it tearing apart as a result. Reet's mouth dropped open, as she unbelievably gazed at the small piece of torn clothing hanging from the branch.

"Arjun, my lehenga!"

"Stop worrying about your lehenga and run, idiot!" I held her wrist and pulled her, making her stumble and follow me again. To our relief, the edge of the forest end was visible and through the sunlight peeking through the trunks I could notice my car parked at a distance.

I breathed hard, the goons were almost behind us, shooting offensive curses out of their mouths. Leaping and scrambling, I finally made it towards the driver's door and tried to open it while Reet struggled to open the door beside it.

"Open my God open, open!" I mumbled through gritted teeth, recalling suddenly that I had locked the car.

"Stop, hey stop!" the goons had made out of the forests, making me sprint and unlock the door with the keys and jump inside it. While I pushed the key to start, Reet too clambered beside my seat after scooping up her leather bag which had fallen casually beside the car.

Groaning under my breath, I rashly pressed the accelerator.

This woman is surely going to take me to a ride to hell.

Radhe Radhe....

★★★★★★★★★

A/N

Radhe Radhe....🌝🌝

Signing off for today!

~Nushkie