𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟷𝟷

Outskirts Of Shimla

Reet's Pov

I breathed in deeply, the chaos that unfolded was raking in my mind as my eyes were wide awake. The light from the tiny hurricane flickered in front of me as I clasped my forehead, a burning sensation overwhelming me; flipping upon the thin mattress my fingers curled against the thick blanket we were provided with.

The empty house a bit away from the village was the only savior, thanks to the villagers who supposedly believed our--or rather my lie to be specific. It was not really comfortable-of course-but life seems to have been teaching me that I wouldn't be always getting what I want. I plopped the blanket more over me, an uncomfortable feeling pitting against my stomach.

Not that I loved to lie, that too on a serious topic.

But did we have any option? 

We didn't right? We didn't!

Arjun's slightly noises of snoring made me crumble my face at him, I was still mad at him for yelling and no way I was going to stay further tomorrow here anymore. I didn't know where I was supposed to go, but my ego wouldn't allow me anymore to stay here with him.

I don't care what happens; just-just I wouldn't stay here! 

I didn't knew for how long I was constantly eyeing his sleeping figure huddled at the corner of the room; or rather glaring at him. Seriously? In this entire world only he was there to collide with me honestly? What does he even think of himself? 

How can he so selfish? Can't he think about anyone else except himself for even once? 

Let him be in my toes once, then shall he understand someday.....I rolled my eyes and flipped again, trying to get myself some sleep; but the sharp stinging headache that was throbbing my temples and forehead, I slowly began to rub them with a forefinger and thumb. Curling myself in a ball, my eyes slowly shut themselves out of tiredness. 

A subtle groan left my lips as the stinging ache caused me to hurl out of my sleep, slapping a hand on my forehead; it was burning and there was a subtle ache in my entire body. 

Shit-

Shit! 

I flipped upon the mattress, almost feeling the heat radiating myself; the wave of tiredness washing over me. Seriously? The fever had to rise now? Now?! Goosebumps erupted at intervals as I felt colder than usual, wrapping the blanket close to me. 

Shit, I did not even have any paracetamol with me as well! 

Clicking my tongue, I rubbed my palms together to generate heat, those had turned ice cold and huddled the blanket around me closer; but the uncomfortable ache was certainly taking me over, even my eyes felt like burning. Fever and frustration, both had taken over me together, my fingers darted across my tresses not knowing what to do.

Should I go downstairs and....perhaps wake someone up from the house nearby?

No Reet no, you know what the time is? I mentally facepalmed, feeling lost and tired as I flipped the other side again. Now what am I supposed to do? 

The headache wasn't allowing me to even think properly, neither could I close my eyes nor open them....God! Shivers were shooting up against my body, as I tried to huddle more, but no avail; what if I pass out like this? 

No no no....think Reet think! I let out a desperate sigh, cupping my forehead. Heck!

I sat up with the blanket close to me, breathing heavily and clueless, clicking my tongue. 

And that's when my eyes went up towards a sleeping figure, who tossed on the other side grabbing his pillow. 

I hated to admit but I loved my life more than my ego right then. Controlling myself, I gulped down my pride and crawled over to him.

His tresses had messed up over his entire face and he was sleeping peacefully; wow, after complaining about how shady the village is he is the one who his sleeping without a worry. Double standards. 

A slight sense of hesitation crawled over me, comprehending what his reaction might be, but the ache in my head was making me give up my sanity. I breathed in and patted his shoulder, "Arjun?"

No response.

"Arjun? Wake....wake up!" I groaned a bit, tugging his shoulder to which he buried his head further in the pillow. Seriously? 

"Arjun!" I grabbed his collar, almost shaking him a bit vigorously to which he fluttered his eyes open, flabbergasted. He blinked a few moments more and looked around, his gaze zeroing down to my crumbled face and hairs sprawled on both sides, "What the hell!" 

I raised both my palms and shifted back, "What's your damn pro-"

"Arjun, let's argue later but do you have a paracetamol?" I exhaled, blinking and feeling weary. I saw his face soften and then crumble into an expression of confusion.

"Wha-why do you need a paracetamol?" He drawled, crossing his brows, "Wait....don't tell me--are you sick?"

Of course, why else would I be asking for a paracetamol? I felt like I had no energy even to respond back, "Yes and I am burning! Please do something!" I gave a long blink and pressed my palms on my eyes for they were hot. I didn't hear him speaking anything, but he crouched and grabbed his backpack, busy rummaging it.

I hope he did have them....God! Where have I been landed to? 

He unzipped his last chain, and a sigh of relief escaped me as he extracted a packet from there and brought it close to the lamp, "Crocin 650....." He mumbled, punching out a tablet from there and handing it over to me. 

 I was barely able to mutter, and instantly gulped it down with water. The pain was still throbbing on both sides of my temples, as I held on to it shoving my fingers down my long hair.

"Are you, okay?" For once I noted a softness in his tone, and a nervous one. 

"I...I will just sleep." I whispered, for once feeling a genuine sense of gratitude for him for carrying them with him. Crawling over to the other side, I thumped on the mattress and pulled the duvet over me, staring at the ceiling with tired eyes; I wish I could say something more as he was kind off staring at me puzzled, but I didn't want to.

Let this night just pass. 

   ***********

A/N

Abhi maja ayega na bhidu 😌✨