𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟹

Shimla

Arjun's POV

Rays of sunlight were peeking through the tall trees, but weren't strong enough to reach the forest floor. The temperature was cool and damp, but I had sweat forming on my back as the runaway bride held on to me and I did not have a single hint of what was about to follow.

"Reet, remove..hmmm--" I finally gripped her finger and jerked it off my lips, inhaling a deep breath but she was currently too immersed in figuring out what was happening behind the tree trunk. I doubt she realized that I had removed her hand from my mouth.

I was supposed to reach the Villa.

By three.

Chill, relax and probably sweep Megha off her feet.

But now, instead of me being in the driver's seat, enjoying the scenery and driving the car I was here with the person I didn't want to ever meet again and lurking in the woods. 

I mean, how the hell is this even possible? Out of seven billion people, the only person I had to collide was with her?

Uh, can I exchange my fate with someone else dear Almighty?

"Will anyone tell me what on earth is happening here?" I murmured through gritted teeth, controlling my urge to curse in Bengali. But Reet completely ignored my question and tucked a strand behind her ear, her eyes glued on the other side of the woods.

"Reet?"

That's why she annoys me. One thing I absolutely hate is ignorance, and she right now was exceedingly testing my patience. This person has a habit of specifically pushing my buttons and making sure I end up fuming.

"Reet, do you fucking hear me?!" I held her wrist and turned her around, making her swivel and jerk as if someone had given her a jump scare. "They...they might come any-anytime. I guess they spotted us-"

"Who spotted whom and what happened-" I again felt her slender fingers on my lips making me mumble. While I squinted my eyes and shifted back, I could actually hear some faint sounds of footsteps nearby. Reet uncomfortably moved forward, as she first pursed her lips and then randomly started biting the lower one with her teeth. Her forehead creased, and I felt that I could actually hear her heart thumping hard if she were a bit closer.

 Curiosity engulfed me, I decided to take a peek from the trunk to witness what was capable enough to freak out this witch. I zeroed my eyes to a tree maybe a kilometer away from us, noticing a daunting figure emerging dressed in traditional followed by another. My eyebrows inadvertently relocated up on my forehead.

Di-Did she just get goons following her?

Wait, my mind began reconnecting the dots. I mean she was running away.

From her marriage, so they were probably from her household who would forcefully take her back right?

Sherlock, you cracked it!

One second, she is running away, it is her marriage, goons are after her. It is her problem, so what on earth am I doing being the third wheel?

I mean why it is me? Why?

 A part of the wicked mind just wanted to pick her up and hand it to whoever was concerned for her because certainly I was least bothered by what was happening with her life.

Let her taste her own medicine, dude.

But before I could muse further, I felt a slight tug on my arm. Reet was completely frozen on spot, and was trying to hide herself by closing upon me. "What are you doing--" I whispered, while she held the sleeve of my shirt firmly, "Please, keep your mouth shut Arjun---I don't want to end up at that fucking marriage altar." she barely moved her lips but I was able to figure out what she said.

So I was right...

 It seemed like I was between her life and death. My one wrong move and all her plans would ruin.

Well, isn't she doing the same with me?

I took another peek this time, the man had moved to a different direction with his back facing us. He was a little distance away from where he was, moving his head swiftly from left to right frantically.

While I was scrutinizing, a muzzy fragrance of jasmine hit my nose, making me raise an eyebrow and roll my eyes to my left side. By now Reet had unconsciously shifted quite close to me, a bit more and my nostril would be directly colliding with her hairs. She was continuously keeping a look out while peeping from behind my torso and biting the corner of her lips.

A slight pit formed in my stomach as her sharp jawline was in complete view for me, as I traveled my eyes down from her ear to her neck. A whiff of chilly wind made a few strands of hair cover the side part of her face, which she unconsciously shifted behind her ear.

Is it a sin to confess your enemy looks beautiful? In my case, hell yes!

 I took a step behind to keep the distance, but to my absolutely wonderful luck Reet copied my move too and within a second her heel dug straight into my foot.

"Ouch, what the fuck!?" I screamed out loud, and suddenly heard some rash movements from behind.

★★★★★★★★★

A/N

Duh.... 😂

Not even three chapters but all I am doing is pitying Arjun rn 🤣🤣. 

Signing off for today!

~Nushkie