𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟷𝟽

Outskirts of Shimla

Reet's POV

My lips twitched, as I blinked, glancing blanking at the shadows dancing above.

I never knew that Arjun would be the one I would be confessing about the six years of my bondage. And I never knew that I wanted it to be revealed someday. I seriously can't believe that I spoke up to him.

Arjun Roy Choudhury.

The man whom I practically used to hate at one point of my life. 

Because he was mean and a jerk. And second, he got everything. He got his father, and most of all-he had Mandira Ma'am as his mother, aka his Mia. I know I was immature that time, but that time I craved for the love of parents. I missed them so much, the sight of Arjun getting kissed and pampered by Mandira Ma'am, who used to drop him off so lovingly at school each day made my heart jerk with the sense of emptiness.

 He was happy, he got happiness right in front of my eyes. And it invoked jealousy within me for an unknown reason.

He got a happy family. A sweet happy family. 

While I was still craving for one.  

I did realize I was jealous of him, eventually. 

I still remember how his father came rushing to the instant Mandira Ma'am had called our parents up. And Grandma came late, it was almost evening because my uncle had some work regarding business and needed her signatures or something. 

That was the first time, I was irked. I was already pissed at Arjun and this doubled up everything.

That was childish....I agree. But at that point, it hurt. It freaking hurt. Seeing someone you dislike, so happy and contented. 

It hurt.....he could afford to go to picnics from school, took part in plays and extra curricular activities. But I couldn't, because they hardly bothered. Grandma was there, but that time she too was busy regarding our family business; we too couldn't give me much time to each other until recently.

In short, I was alone and jealous. 

And I still can't believe, that this is Arjun I am being with. The Arjun I hated so much, was jealous of once upon a time.

Did I still hated him? 

Perhaps not....neither was I now jealous. Life seemed to have taught me too much to garner such feelings for anyone.

I was screwed myself, what could I do by hating or being jealous of someone? 

I sighed a bit deeply this time, the corner of my eyes feeling a bit hot as I bit my lower lip. There was no more exchange of words, both were gawking at the ceiling, not knowing what to say. Perhaps he was too surprised seeing this version of me......but it is what it is.

I couldn't help it. Neither can I blame him. 

We had practically badmouthed each other at one point of time, so this is expected from him. 

Now that everything was flashing in front of my eyes, it really didn't surprise me that much for his behavior. We had toned down so much.....but I wouldn't be surprised if things heated up randomly.

It was better if I had sealed my mouth, though.

There was no need to spill out everything.

Shit-

Why am I so impulsive? Why? 

I still don't know what he thinks of me-he may be-I don't know, I legit confessed my weakest point of my life to someone who didn't even care. 

Not even a bit. 

Deep down both of us know, we are still tolerating each other. We both did not care even now....perhaps. It can't be that he suddenly became compassionate to my feelings given that it had been a day he didn't bother  to call me an emotionless jerk.

I don't know. And the impulsive me had practically blabbered out everything in front of him. The last thing I wanted was to sound vulnerable in front of him

"You will pass through this phase." I heard him whisper all of a sudden, making me snap my head at him. Was it a simple formality or.....I don't know. Or he really did listen and all-

"I hope so." I immediately responded, not feeling like to talk about it anymore. For everything had suddenly turned way to different for us. Heck, if it was six years ago I wouldn't practically imagine Arjun saying such words to me--even if it was just for the sake of formality. 

But now....I don't know what to think about him. Even if it was a coincidence, he saved my life and helped me. Even without wanting to be, he did. I didn't knew whether it was enough medicine to rub on my wounds. I had memories I did want to resurface and some which I absolutely didn't want to.

But he was making me do. Those words with which he had hurt me--and so did I. A sour phase, which I wanted to forget amidst everything. Though things normalized, but still. Words can't be forgotten- and I admit I hadn't been a soul washed with holy water. 

I too had badmouthed him, that time. But yes. Whatever. I don't think even he has forgotten about it. 

I wiped a little streak of tear that escaped from my eye, turning the other side. 

The dinner was not a silent one with the ladies, who occasionally teased us and we had to cook up an awkward story about our so called elopement.

Hell, I was very embarrassed. Only if they knew. 

Arjun didn't say anything much, and just plopped back on the mattress and fell asleep. I was still tossing on the mattress, perhaps sleeping till the afternoon had evaporated all the sleep I wanted. But still, I wanted to sleep to clear my mind out of everything. 

I saw him turn towards me in his sleep, looking peaceful and calm with his soft hairs messed over his forehead. Too calm and tranquil....I blinked gazing at his sharp features, making everything, every memory rush back in my mind. 

And the duality, I suddenly found myself being stuck in was baffling.

What are you doing to me, Arjun? 

The weirdest part was, I did not even remember that I hated him so much once upon a time. If not given the situation....

***********

A/N

Baby Reet she ich 🥺🥺🥺🥺*huggie wuggie gibes her*

By the way I have changed the name of the book to 'Tied By Destiny'.

Signing off for today!

Nushkie