𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟻

Shimla

Reet's POV

Trouble.

That was the only thing I could get into without any effort.

I really want to question whoever wrote my fate, did he tie a knot with me and trouble?

Because right now the only thing which was missing were the high definition cameras which would move around and shoot, while we were inside the car and racing through the narrow cuts in the mountains.

It would be a lie if this did not feel like a straight out movie scene from a Rohit Shetty film.

"Arjun!" I screamed my lungs out as he rashly swiveled the car and if not for the car handle I would have landed on my face on the glass window. My back hit the seat as it jerked on the rocky pebbles, my brain not having a freaking idea where we were heading to.

I mean I can partly guarantee myself that we are heading towards hell, because I was riding with an incarnation of the devil himself! 

And the devil always appears when you least expect it.

"Stop screaming in my ear, idiot!" Arjun's face crumbled into an expression of panic, as he pulled the gear and changed direction while I still struggled to hold on to the handle while squinting my eyes and having my daylights out. All I felt was grabbing his hair and twisting them, but right now that feeling can be halted or else my trip to hell will be confirmed.

"Arjun, can you freaking slow down?!" I shrieked while crossing my eyebrows, my voice dying out due to the heavy screech of the vehicle. Summoning courage I shoved my head out of the window while the car took a turn.

They were there.

Following us, speeding up to our car.

"Arjun, speed up the car!"

Duality, but right now I had no shits to give. I can't, I can't get caught this time.

My teeth gritted hard, as I closed my eyes and tried to keep myself steady while holding anything which was available. The enraged voices of men echoed behind us, while the man beside me drove his vehicle like Schumacher.

 I clearly remember the fifteen year old me who had made it quite a deal to keep connection with all my friends after leaving my former school and Kolkata, but to never, ever come face to face with him. Arjun Roy Chowdhury.

The sworn enemy of my childhood since I was in fourth standard, him being a two-year senior than me. All I remember was how that day we ended up lying on the school field, a nine-year old me with a broken wrist and an eleven-year old Arjun with a twisted ankle. Groaning in pain, yet shooting each other death glares. And he being the jerk for the next five years of my life, our talks only ended with arguments or sharp taunts.

And guess what? The odds must be a point zero zero one out of hundred of meeting him at Shimla, that too when I am in a serious trouble. Like, what the actual hell is wrong with our fates?

 I could have easily wriggled out of this life and death situation but no! Today, today only when I had the perfect opportunity to escape I had to collide with him!

Seriously? 

I really regret now for pausing and engaging in a verbal argument, while I could have made something useful out of it.

Shit Reet, shit.

I don't even have a scope to complain to feel better about it. That's really the worst part of making a mistake.