𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟷𝟶

Outskirts of Shimla

Arjun's Pov

Only I wish to know what sins did I commit in my previous life that I had to witness this day. 

What am I even doing here? Seriously? In the previous four hours I almost had an accident, running away from goons to save a girl who is my childhood enemy, rashly driving my car through the dangerous mountainous roads and finally sticking in an unknown creepy village-which had no source of electricity by the way-

Neither I had any contacts or could I trust someone for help if situations turned worse. 

When I said I wanted to be Shah Ruk Khaan I did not certainly mean this way though. 

I knew that glaring hard through her visage could just do nothing, for I seem to be stuck with her without any option. In this entire world of a population of seven billion, I had to land up with her?

Just her? Why even? 

"Seriously Reet? Your husband?" I folded my arms across my chest and deadpanned at her. Like what the hell! Couldn't she come up with some other excuse? Is it always necessary to be filmy even in this situation? I let out a frustrated sigh, while she was busy disposing off her heavy earrings. She threw me a blank look coupled with irritation, "So what else am I supposed to do in this situation Arjun?" 

"You know the temperament of villagers, don't you?" She shook her head, looking away, annoyance clearly adorning her features this time. She was equally frustrated and there was no going back to it, "Do you think they would've allowed us to stay under one roof if I had not lied?" 

I didn't knew why this entire situation of sheer helplessness was irking me up more. 

I cupped my forehead and thudded on the small wooden chair which we were provided with, shutting my eyes, "God knows for what sins he is punishing me today....It was better if I had-" 

"Will you please just shut the damn up?!" I slightly flinched as she let out an outburst out of nowhere, "From since when I am being prone to your such attitude! You know right how much frustrating are your words in this situation?!" She gritted her teeth, her brows curving up as she exhaled deeply, her lips twitching, "Can't you....can't you even cooperate for a moment?!"

"Why are so complaining everytime?! Even you know that it wouldn't help you anyways!"

"Cooperate with you? Why even, Reet?!" I too snapped back, standing up. I didn't knew why I was feeling the anger bubble up inside me all together. This girl had the audacity to shout upon me when I was the one who literally saved her from the jaws of misfortune, risking my own life even though I have nothing to do with her, "Why, why just tell me?!" 

"What, what so special thing you have exclusively done for me to cooperate with you every moment?" 

"The moment you have met me all the misfortunes seem to be dawned upon me!" My jaws clenched, as I took a step towards her, "It's because of you, do you realize, it's because of you I am in this situation!" I exhaled wildly, witnessing her brows droop down slightly for a second and then furrow up. 

"So what am I supposed to do Arjun?! I didn't ask you to land up with me! It was a coincidence!" 

"You also know it is! Why are you acting like it is only you who is suffering alone?!" Her nostrils flared, a slight tinge of redness appearing in the corner of her eyes as she shivered for a moment. If not for anything, her words were aggravating me further. Her words had truth to it indeed, but it was this damn stupid fate of mine I wanted to curse harder than anything else, but couldn't.

"Suffering alone? I don't understand, the first thing is that you dragged me in all this mess! " 

"Did I do it deliberately?! You also saw the situation was out of hand! Why are you being so selfish? Why do you always think of yourself?!"

The tension was growing too thick cut with an axe. 

"Selfish? Whom are you calling selfish, Reet?" My brows furrowed further as I kept my hands on my waist, I didn't knew how badly I was wanting to spew up everything that had built within me the whole while, how dare she? "I am selfish? I had saved the freaking life outta  you, you woman!"

"And you are calling me selfish? Practically it's you who you have left your fiancé hanging in the altar, without any care- did you even wonder what he would be going through?" 

"Arjun, stop it-" She lowered her voice, shaking her head, shooting daggers through her eyes. But everything had aggravated too much. Selfish and me? Just anything she is going to say and I would be quiet listening to her rubbish? First of all just everything was appearing so messed up and above that her words were just salt to my wounds. 

"Why? Truth hurts, right?" Sarcasm dripped from my lips as I continued, "Because you just don't seem to care about anyone's feelings!" 

"And why would you? Growing up under the polish house and having everything as a silver spoon, how would you even know?!"

"Arjun stop it!" She glared, fuming as she scanned me up and down, "You have no right to comment on my personal life without knowing what was going on with me!" 

"It hurts right?" I glanced away with a smug expression, "You feel like saying anything to me but it comes to you, you can't even bear a slightest of insult! Everything you are going to do and in the end I shall be the one who shall bear the flag of your anger and frustration?!"

"That's because you aren't understanding-"

"Understanding what Reet?" My eyes raved around her almost worn out face. Even in the cold, she had beads of sweat lining on her forehead, and perhaps so did mine. I had rarely had an outburst like that, but this woman always brought out something I had no idea of at times, "It's you who is trying to compromise because you know it's your fault!"

"Okay! Fine! It's my fault!" She deeply breathed out, closing her eyes and raising her hands, "I admit that it's my fault that I dragged you in this mess! This is what you wanted to hear right? Happy?!" My eyes dimmed at the sudden change in her words and demeanour, holding myself back from speaking anything more; it was only draining me out further. What am I even doing? 

She stormed out of the room, and all I could hear was the creaking sound of the staircases. 

*************

A/N 

Ye dono ekdum pati patni jaise ladte hai 🙈✨

Signing off for today!

Nushkie