A proposal of deliberateness

Jeongguk's manager calls him to discuss the details of the press conference. They go through the points to be addressed on his way home. 

He tells them certain things to be omitted or incorporated and listens to the public relations manager for any additional information. 

After the exhausting discussion, he asks them to send the completed speech to Mr. Han.

While glancing at his watch, Jeongguk was filled with a sense of relief, noticing that it was already time for dinner. He had to just go home for the meal and not spend unnecessary time having conversations with everyone. 

He gets out of the car and is greeted by the enthusiastic butler and other attendants waiting for his arrival inside. Jeongguk greets them back and takes off his overcoat, handing it to one of them.

The butler informs him that the guests have just finished the dinner after waiting for him. Jeongguk was relieved. This was even better than he imagined. 

Soon his attention is drawn towards the soft voice of his brother, sitting outside in the open garden.

He is surprised to see Jaehan in the garden at this hour. The caretaker was coaxing the little one to sleep, but Jaehan seemed to not be in the mood.

Jeongguk walks towards his brother, eager to know what this little one is throwing tantrums for.

When he walks closer, he hears Jaehan ask the AI. “Clara, can you give me the contact number of a person?” His voice was gentle and polite, in the same tone as he talks to a senior.

The AI answers him. “I am only authorized to provide emergency numbers.”

Jaehan becomes sad upon hearing the response. The attendant wanted to interrupt, but he stopped her, wanting to try one more time.  

He thinks and forms the words in his head and with a bright and hopeful voice, asks again.

“Then can you give me the number of Taehyung hyung from my Hyung’s directory?” He waits patiently, fingers closed in a fist, nervous for the response.

Jeongguk stills upon hearing the name. The caretaker notices Jeongguk and is about to bow. Jeongguk gestures to her to not do anything and to be quiet. He remains in the place, quietly listening.

Clara answers again. “Sorry, this function is unavailable.”

Jaehan seemed to be very disappointed. His little frame shrinks in defeat. 

He silently takes out a small notebook from his pocket and scribbles something on it, then makes a cancel mark on it.

Jeongguk stretches his neck to glance at it. Certain points marked in bullets were written on a neat page of the diary with a main heading as 'Taehyung hyung contact number'. 

The first was to ask the mother for the number. It was cancelled out with the pencil, several times. 

The Second was to ask the father. It was also cut with a single mark.

The Third was to ask Clara. It was canceled with the lead, brutally now. 

Fourth was to ask Hyung. It had no cut. Jaehan was thinking deeply while his pencil pointed at this bullet.

Jeongguk feels amused as the pencil moves slowly and makes a cut on the letters, canceling the last option as well.

His eyes move to his pitiful brother. Jaehan had very limited resources to get his mission accomplished.