A memorable heat

Taehyung hears someone cough on the other side of the line. He frowns. Mr. Han clears his throat, whispering to someone present with him, and then enquires Taehyung. 

“Young master, what are you trying to imply?”

“Oh, it is so simple…I didn’t expect him to be this cute.” Taehyung smiles, thinking of Jeongguk.

There was another round of silence on the other side. Taehyung checks the mobile, thinking something is wrong with it. 

“Boss…Mr. Jeon…young master, what were you expecting?” Mr. Han was not able to form words and make sense of things. He was rendered speechless by this young man. 

There was a pause, and then Mr. Han quickly corrected himself before Taehyung could answer. “I don’t want to know the answer to it.”

He was frightened by the answer he could get. He inhales and exhales, letting the oxygen reach his brain as he feels like his brain has suddenly stopped functioning. 

“You can talk to the doctor. He will explain you in detail."

Mr. Han saves himself and hands the phone to the doctor. There was whispering heard by Taehyung on the line as if two people bickering with each other.

He patiently waits. Jeongguk's doctor, who was present with Mr. Han all this while, glares at the assistant and greets Taehyung, taking the phone. 

“Is Mr. Jeon being very acquiescent?”

Taehyung nods, then quickly answers. “He is acting very dubious, taking care of me, controlling his emotions…he even smiles…he is cute though.”

The doctor ignores the last part and hums. “It is normal for him to do so, you may have guessed. He is afraid of losing you or scaring you. He is true blood and cares for you, but aggression and lust are part of heat. He may not show it, but he is feeling inside. You don’t need to worry, Mr. Jeon is a highly trained and mannered man. He will not let you have any harm.”

“Just release your calming pheromones if you see him losing to the desires.” Taehyung nods.

“So it will happen?”

The doctor disconnects the phone, not bothering to answer Taehyung's question. 

Taehyung looks at the phone. “So rude…can’t he answer a simple question. Truly an employee of Jeongguk.”

He senses Jeongguk returning and quickly opens the drawer to hide the phone. Taehyung finds a recorder inside. He takes it out happily and waves it at Jeongguk when the true blood enters the room with a tray full of snacks.

“Look what I found,” Taehyung says happily.

Jeongguk nods and places the tray. He sits next to Taehyung, pulling the tray towards him, and watches as Taehyung checks the recorder. He picks a sweet snack and moves the chopstick towards Taehyung.

Taehyung eats the food without bothering to check or look at it, fully focused on the recorder. Jeongguk hand pauses seeing this, he, without a word, picks another item and moves it towards Taehyung’s mouth. Taehyung eats it as well. 

Jeongguk’s eyes tremble in joy. He finds his mate more and more adorable with time. He quickly checks the tray and chooses another item, then another, feeding it all one by one to Taehyung. 

The alpha gulps down one bite, and another comes on his way. He was too distracted to notice it at first, immersed in testing the recorder.

Then, as this goes on and he feels full, he realizes something is weird. Taehyung puts down the recorder and meets the curious and anticipating gaze of the true-blood alpha.