67. Just Live...(Until I Die)

Start from the beginning

Hearing the water in the shower turn on, Dean exits the room, heading to the kitchen. With a busy mind, Dean begins taking out the ingredients to make them breakfast. He doubted that Arrow would be in the mood to eat anything but decided to make it anyway - at least giving her the option. His thoughts were whirling in his head, coming to terms with what was happening. Arrow...a Lycan, Dean shook his head in disbelief. 

He could only imagine half of what was going through her mind at the revelation, anxious to know what Arrow was thinking. He had never seen her this way, so broken and defeated. Even after her father's death and captivity, she fought back and pushed through the days after. This was different. 

Dean knew hunters hardly ever, basically never, allow themselves to go through the change - choosing death instead of becoming what they hunt. Dean was well aware that considering the change was a death sentence to hunters - being killed by their own if they turned.

Dean's heart skipped a beat at the thought of Arrow dying. It was something he couldn't, but he wondered if it was something she could. He thought about her current state and her words from before. It wasn't a far-fetched notion to think she would end it all to avoid the change. It was all she knew, all she had been taught in her world. He couldn't judge her if that was the path she decided on. Even if she chose to go through the shift, her life would be in immense danger. The head of an organization becoming a Lycan would never sit well with the hunters under her. All of it was a disaster waiting to unfold. 

Turning on his stove, Dean puts on slices of French toast on his griddle, slices of bacon into a pan next to it.  He frowned at the food, as it cooked, wondering if Arrow would even be in the mood to eat anything. 

~

Arrow comes into the kitchen an hour later, Dean locking eyes with her as she rounds the corner. "I made breakfast," He says quickly, "Though it's a little cold now, I could heat it up for us."

"I'm not hungry..." Arrow mumbles, walking to him where he was seated at the kitchen counter. 'Us? you didn't eat?" She asks him.

"No. I was waiting for you," Dean answers with a small smile and a shrug. "Would you rather something to drink instead? Coffee, water...wine, a beer?" He asks gently. 

Arrow huffs a dry laugh in response, Dean seeing the small twitch of her lips before they fall flat again, "I can't stomach anything now... I might take you up on that wine later, though." She sighs heavily, her hand moving to touch her bite mark.

"Here, I have a first aid kit here. Let me look at your scratches and cuts." Dean says , grabbing the case from one of the cabinets. He doesn't let her protest, walking to her and examining her face.

Opening the case, he begins prepping the supplies, standing inches from Arrow as she quietly looks up at him.

"These here, on your face," He begins, holding her chin gently in his hand, "These don't look too bad. Shallow cuts, I only think this one here might scar a little. Nothing too bad."

"Scarring is the least of my body's problems. Arrow comments with a sigh.

"I know you don't want to..." Dean begins, his voice soft, "but we should talk it." He says, gesturing to her arm. "I looked at the calendar, Arrow, you.."

"Four weeks." She says, cutting him off. " I have four weeks left."

Dean takes hold of her hand gently as he inspects the bite, passing his finger near it, "What does this mean for you, Arrow?" He asks.