fifteen

THE WIND was blowing in a slow rhythmic momentum making me close my eyes softly as I took a deep inhale of the surroundings which smelled like earth. A nostalgia vibe ripped through me making me smile softly as I kept my eyes closed. I didn't want to let the moment slip away from my fingertips nor I wanted the moment to put on an ending line. I wish everything was as tender as this moment.

I finally opened my eyes and looked through the glass wall of the library. Across the road, a man of probably on his eighty was sitting on a bench, a newspaper in his hands as his old but keen eyes skimmed something that was unknown to me. I watched other people walking in the blistering cold, putting their hands inside their coat pockets.

Some were looking on the ground, some were rushing with a coffee in hand and some were just being someone.

I looked at the book in my hands and stared at nothing particular thinking how long I am going to suffer from a brand new disease called Alex Vesper. Alex never leaves my mind and I am scared of it. I promised, I am not going to hurt myself with anything that is not worth it. I had enough pain sucking on me for years, drying me and leaving me with nothing.

My conditions might not have been the worst compared to other people out there.

But I am the one who has been fighting her own battle with her own demons.

Alex's thoughts make me feel things that are scary. Whenever I think about him I feel the rush of my blood running like crazy in my veins. The erratic beating of my heart leaves me breathless as the shiver makes me feel like I was drawing in the freezing water but at the same time the warmness that embraces my heart with an unknown glee that makes me light on my feet.

In one word, Alex makes me confused as his thoughts play games with my mind.

"Hi." A voice greeted me out of the blue. I flinched as naturally my heart jumped a little. I looked at the smiling man, recognising the same beautiful face that I have been seeing since I got this job.

"Hi." I smiled back, putting the book in my hand on the desk.

"How have you been?" Ian asked with his deep voice.

"Great as always." I replied as a blush creeped through my face.

Ian Lucas, what can I say about him. He is like a man who is all dreamy and chocolaty. He is kind of a man that is called the hot nerd of the college. Practically a heart throb. I met Ian the first time I took this job and he was the one who brought me here when I was looking for the address.

Ian consists of silky chestnuts brown hair that release a glossy shine when he stands under the sun. He has a pair of beautiful honey-like eyes that are always shaded with his glasses. Six feet tall with hard muscles under his baggy sweater (once he wore a tight shirt, that's how I know about his body structure) and long coat, he looks like a lost poet in his own fictional world.

Ian is the kind of man who smiles at everyone with his pearl-like teeth, melting a rock heart whoever consists of one.

I got a small crush on him.

"So, how is life going?" He asked giving me his tease look, making me shift on my feet.

"Good." I simply said and looked at the books in his veiny and large hands. The part where I am being torment by Alex snapped making me growl inside me. I looked at Ian's cute but manly face as abruptly all I was seeing was Alex, glaring at me with his forest green eyes almost making me lose the balance of my senses.

"Mason, you have been thinking about me a lot." He narrowed his eyes at me and mocked me with a knowing tone with the mixture of arrogance in it.

"What!?" I exclaimed with wide eyes but then he was gone, replacing Ian with a frown knitted on his face.