🌸Twenty ~9🌸

(ABDUL'S POV)
I pulled the car before a pastry shop as Khalifa walked out, shutting the door. After switching off the car engine, I made my way out following Khalifa into the pastry shop. However, I was curious about this friend he wanted me to meet and how in the world did I know him.

Before I could solve the puzzle in my head, a hand waved at us at the far end of the restaurant. Khalifa waved back before we ambled towards the guy. They fist bumped, exchanging pleasantries and laughing before I got to join them. The guy quickly stretched his arm for a shake and for a moment I had a feeling that I knew this guy.

He looked Familiar. 

"Hello Abdul, my name is Ka'ab Abdulhameed. It's a pleasure to meet you!" He said. I was still stunned. How did he know my name? When my eyes met with Khalifa's, he only grinned before taking a seat. Ka'ab And I pulled away from the handshake and got seated.

"Abdul, you look all matured compared to the last time I saw you." Ka'ab said.

I nodded even though I didn't remember. "I see. Perhaps I can not remember knowing you or seeing you somewhere. But you looked familiar." I answered.

He clicked his finger and pointed at Khalifa as they both laughed. "I know you can't remember me, however you know my brother quite well!"

His brother? Who is his brother that I know?

"Abdul, he insisted that he wanted to see you a few months ago while we were talking over the phone and he said something like he knows you. Ka'ab is in the same department as me and we are on the same level. However, I made this up for the two of you to meet. You aren't angry are you!?" Khalifa explained. 

I almost choked on my water. Why is he sounding like a girl? Dude.

I breathed out and looked at Ka'ab. With the bored expression on my face, I asked. "Who is your brother Ka'ab?"

"Faruq. Faruq Abdulhameed!" He answered. Like the velocity of an electric shock.. My eyes popped out as I stared at him.

Now that explains why he looks familiar, he resembles Faruq so much. However, Faruq actually has a brother?

I looked at the both guys infront of me, as a chuckled escaped my lips. "This feels unreal guys! How didn't i know you?" I asked.

Ka'ab smiled. "Because we only met on few occasions. I still remembered when  your sister and Faruq were dating, they had a misunderstanding and i dont know what happened next. How is your sister by the way?" He asked.

Now that he mentioned it. "Do you know where Faruq is?" I asked immediately.

"Yeah, he just came back from England not long ago."

"England? Has he been there for long?"

"No, but he has been there after he got married. His wife is presently pregnant now."

My heart rose and fell by the mention of pregnancy. "Is everything alright? Whats the matter?" Ka'ab asked.

They both looked at me with worried expression but they don't need to know. Somehow if Faruq has a wife, how is Summayyah staying with him? And then what does Luqman know?

The rest of the evening, we had some manly discussion concerning Khalifa's girlfriend and how they broke up. Even though i wasn't interested in their conversation. I know for a fact that Khalifa was wrong, cheating on his girlfriend with her friend was really frowned out. Reason behind that, i wanted to date her until my family turned upside down and i gave up such feelings.

So many times i told Khalifa how much, Hajara loves him, but he played her in my watch and dated the girl that i loved, though he had no idea and neither did i tell him. We spend like an hour and half talking and Ka'ab trying to explain to me how he knows me and the occasions that we have met but I can't seem to remember because Faruq never told us he has a brother.