🌸Twenty ~3🌸

Summayyah returns to the ward room with a disturbing heart throb as she slowly counts her steps towards the end of her son's bed. She had cried and cried till her tears dried up her face.

She sat on the chair facing him as she reached for his hand. It was still warm. It gave her a hope that he would come back to her very soon. The doctor had said that there might be high chances he would wake up in the middle of the night and she will try to be awake within that hour in case he wakes up.

She sighed, holding on to his hands tightly. You're all I have now, son, please open your eyes.

She placed her plan on his forehead as she rubs it over his head softly. She stopped for a moment, recognising the resemblance he has to his Father. ~Khalil. Their long jaw, light skin tone, medium size almond eyes and his pointed nose. There might be slight changes between them, but she was certain that Azman is the younger version of Khalil.

Thinking about him, she wonders how he is and how he is doing. Does he take good care of himself? Does he eat well and sleep well? Does he take his medication? Thousands of thoughts about him came racing into her mind. She wished she could turn back time and listen to what he had to say, no one is perfect and people change.

She doesn't even know how she will meet him, even though she yearns to see him, she has no idea how to face him and what to tell him. She has put him in so many situations that she can't undo and his family. Talk about his family, she is sure they might not want to see her, and there is no way they would want her back with their son.

How disgraceful of me, I should have thought better.

Few years back, during her call to the bar, she had it rough. She was almost not able to celebrate her call to bar because of just one course she scored C, it wasn't that bad in general! But because Faruq was able to stand in for her, he was able to get connections with people he knew to help her and they did.

She passed the bar examination, she has never been so much happier than she is. Faruq and Luqman really stand in for her to achieve what she wanted and now it's left for her to do the rest.

She got married to Faruq and moved in with him without telling Luqman but somehow she knew, he knew that she was with him but not married. Her Son Azman was a secret between her and Faruq. Luqman had no idea that she had a son for Khalil, she decided that from here on, she would take responsibility for herself and that of her son.

When they moved to England, she had it rough there, adapting to the weather, the food, water and all but she was able to feel welcome when she realised that Rukayyah wants to be her friend. She watches her spend time with her son and they do almost everything together. Somehow, she started to feel warm and happy, she wasn't empty because Rukayyah was always around her and they happened to do everything together as not co-wives but sisters.

She sniffles in, wiping her tears as she watches her son closely. "I wish this bad dream will go forever. I fear what you might face in the future!" She sobs. Someday, she needs to appreciate Faruq for everything he has done for her and she will not back down. Because all she is doing is for her son to have families that love him.

It was true, she tried to look for her real family by tracing that number and the person, but it was difficult. She doesn't know them or how they look. She also visited the orphanage if she could find answers, but neither the workers nor the people before knew who her parents were.

They showed her pictures of her and other children who she was with before her foster came to take her. She also saw countless children from the age of 4 upwards without parents. Living life with people like them. Most of them felt unwanted and not loved to be kept in a place like this. She promised to come back some other time and in sha Allah, she would keep to her promise.