🌸Twenty ~7🌸

Khalil returned into the crowd, Feeling distraught and probably lost in his thoughts about what Maryam said. He couldn't believe what she said, but she was trying to do something to him which might end up making him look so foolish.

He sighted four of his friends group, two were Ibrahim and Faisal while the other two who looked familiar to him, one of them who wears an ash kaftan recognised as mustapha. He is slim, fair in complexion. He has a tiny mole under his left nose, his hair was barbed in a low cut, he also has a medium size nose fitting onto his overall face and the latter who wears a white kaftan. Dark in complex, short among the group of boys and fitted.

Khalil recognised them immediately as his temper cooled and now he was delighted. He casually made his way towards them as the group of boys cheered, shaking hands as they exchanged greetings and pleasantries.

Khalil has never been so happy to see his old school friends, it was some kind of a reunion for a very long time. The four of them including Arif have been long term friends since they were little but as time went by, they all separated except for Khalil, Arif and Faisal! They lost touch after some time but now meeting them brought back memories.

Ibrahim suggested that they get a seat at the left end of the canopy so as the sun shouldn't hurt their eyes while they talk about old days. Meanwhile Ibrahim's mind was whizzing, he wasn't paying attention to the boys rather was he interested in any thing they had to say. It's not like he can relate, even though he knows them, they are more fond of Khalil since he is closer to them.

His mind drifted back to earlier, when he was desperately in need of assistance from Faruq. He hated that he had to stoop this low for the jerk who is smiling and cheering with his friends and has no idea what is going on. He sighed as he sipped the bottle of water served to him by the ushers.

Flashback!

"I will help you!" Faruq said, raising hopes for ibrahim. "Thank you very much!" He appreciated it immediately. Faruq gave him a hard look before answering.

"There is something I thought of within the line that would help in collaborating. We would be launching an engine for electricity. If perhaps we work together on it, your company would take credit for it and it may be helpful to you. What do you think?" He suggested.

Ibrahim was not sure if that would be a good idea. However, Faruq is going to do that except by giving up his product for them and letting them take credit! Of course it is something flattering. He has to give it a magnanimous thought. Will that be a good idea? Will Faisal be able to accept it?

Faruq noticed that his heart was wobbling and decided to give him space to decide and when he was ready they could start as soon as possible. They made possible changes and finally came into conclusion. When Faruq was about to leave, Ibrahim called him back to ask him questions which sounded more personal.

Faruq was more lenient to answer them. "What would you like to ask, Mr Asraf?" He asked, returning back to his seat.

"Did you marry Sumayyah?"

His brows hardened and he looked rather obnoxious. "Its not part of our business deal"

"I know, we will be having a meeting soon with your company anyway, regarding the machine you presented years ago. I just wanted to know. If you married her or know her whereabouts, a rumour.

"You are not her husband if i recall, it's your brother."

"So you do know where she is and she is staying with you isn't it?" He asked and Faruq thought he knew something and somehow he was trying to provoke him to answer his question. If not because he was asked to stay quiet, he would have answered him but he is in no position to do so. He smirked and got up.