⑧ ❀𝙸 𝙲𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝙼𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝙷𝚒𝚖❀

Start from the beginning

"I'm afraid too, Maa. I don't want to leave all of you, but I have no control over this," Maira thinks.

"Alright, let's set aside these emotional matters and talk about something nice. Maira, once you're completely well, we'll celebrate your wedding with Hatim. It will be so much fun, having my brother on one side and my best friend on the other," Sara said, clapping her hands in excitement. Maira felt her heart race.

"W... Wedding," she stuttered.

"Yes, don't you want to get married, you're Hatim's fiancée," Sara said.

"We'll have to call you 'Bhabi' then," Zain said. Maira looked at all of them, unsure of how to react.

"I hadn't even think about this. I can't marry Hatim. I can't leave him in distress, this marriage will only bring Hatim permanent pain," she thought, and tears welled up in her eyes.

"I'll be right back," she excused herself and moved to a place where no one could see her. She sat down on the grass and started crying.

"Ya Allah, I have the strength to endure, but it doesn't mean I won't break. I'm exhausted now. Please, either end this trial or grant me life, I can't face Hatim and his family anymore. How much more can I lie? Marrying Hatim was my dream, but now it's less of a dream and more of a punishment," she cried, looking at the sky. Hatim came up behind her and sat beside her. She quickly wiped her tears, but Hatim had already seen them.

"What's wrong, Maira?" he asked softly.

"N-nothing," she replied, looking away.

"There's something you don't want to tell me," Hatim said, holding her hand. "You should gather the courage to tell Hatim."

Maira thinks and took a deep breath. "Hatim, I can't marry you," she said. Hatim looked at her with a frown, unable to believe what she had just said.

"What!! But why?" he asked.

Maira replied, "Hatim, I'm not worthy of you. You deserve a better girl than me." She tried her best to control her emotions, but it was becoming increasingly difficult.

"Maira, you can't decide whether you're worthy of me or not. How could you even think that? Besides you, there's no one else worthy. I love only you. When you weren't here, my eyes only wanted to see you, and day and night, you were the only one on my mind. And you love me too, don't you, Maira?" Hatim said, holding both her arms and making her face him. After a long pause, she spoke with a heavy heart.

"Who said I love you?" Her words shocked Hatim, and he let go of Maira's arms, gazing deeply into her eyes.

"We were good friends, but our parents turned this friendship into something else. We were very young, and we didn't even know what love was when they engaged us," she said, pretending to be emotionless, but her heart was in unbearable pain.

"Lies... You're lying. What could be the reason for telling such a huge lie?" Hatim said, his heart breaking as he listened to all of this. He never expected her to say these things.

"I'm not lying. Yes, I consider you my friend, but I've never had any feelings for you beyond that," she said, swallowing the painful lump in her throat. "Well, if you don't love me, then why have you kept this ring with you all this time? Why haven't you taken it off and thrown it away?" Hatim asked, pointing at the ring she wore as a pendant. Maira looked away, holding the ring in her hand.

"Because this ring is associated with many memories, my parents, and all of you. I can't take it off," Maira said, trying hard to sound truthful. Hatim held her face in both of his hands and made her look at him.

"I'll believe you if you say this while looking into my eyes," he said, looking deeply into her eyes. He knew she was lying, "How can I lie while looking into these eyes where my life resides?" She thought.

"Tell me, why have you gone silent?" Hatim asked, a little harshly.

"I don't love you," Maira said, looking into his eyes, her hands shaking uncontrollably.

"I don't believe you. Your eyes are telling me that you love me, but there's some compulsion holding you back," Hatim insisted. Maira closed her eyes and stood up abruptly, showing fake anger.

"Why don't you understand this one thing? I don't love you. Is it so hard to believe? I don't want to marry you. If you bring this up again, I will leave this house," she snapped at him.

Hatim stood up, looking at her with mixed emotions—anger, shock, confusion, and hurt. Maira tried to maintain her composure, but due to a sudden headache, she stumbled backward. Hatim quickly gathered her into his arms, and both of them locked eyes.

"Maira, why are you doing this to me? I know you love me, but what are you hiding from me?" He held her close to him. "Don't worry so much about me, I've caused you a lot of pain today. I'll never forgive myself, but what can I do? I'm helpless."

Both of them spoke with their eyes, neither of them uttered a word.

She was on the brink of breaking down, so she pushed him away from her.

"Can you please leave me alone for a little while, Hatim?" she said, turning away from him so he couldn't see her tears. He gave her one last look and left. Maira fell to her knees and started crying.

Suddenly, she began to experience blurriness in front of her eyes and a piercing headache. With great difficulty, she made her way back to her room through another side of the lawn so that no one could see her.

She locked the door and rushed to the bathroom. She hunched over the toilet and vomited everything she had eaten a few hours ago. When she opened her eyes, she nearly screamed as she saw a lot of blood.

"B... Blood."

She was vomiting blood.

─•~❉᯽❉~•─

Helloooo everyone how are you all...

The target is not complete but I couldn't be able to stop myself from updating 🤭

So presenting you a new chapter I hope you enjoy your time reading it...

Please do vote and comments if you enjoy don't be a silent reader ❤❤

Next target is 700 reads and 260 votes....