Chapter 37

Jennie's POV

"Come on, Jen, it's already starting." I rolled my eyes because of how my friend is acting. She's been like this ever since our school announced the new investor in our school, and as a welcome, they prepared an event specifically for this.

"My little legs can't keep up, Sana," I tried to explain, but she only groaned and didn't have a choice but to wait for me to get closer.

I just laughed internally because I didn't want her to see me laughing at her. The investor that she's so hooked up with was a multi award winner as one of the successful and youngest surgeons in the world, and Sana is in the medical field, so I can't really blame her for being excited to meet her idol.

It's kind of ironic because of the different fields we have, and yet we have built this amazing friendship that I didn't know I could still have.

I mean, I have friends back in SoKor, but what we have is just so special.

When we arrived inside the auditorium, she really took the front as she excitedly tap the seat near her, wanting for me to move faster. To be honest, she's really a bothersome, but as a good friend that I am, I just mocked what she's acting and purposely moved slower.

"Oh my Goooood!!" She exclaims, and I literally laugh hard and just do what she wanted.

We got settled and and I looked at her when she held my hand, and I just giggled on how cute she looked while we waited for the program to start.

"Can you tell me again how old she is?" I curiously ask while the monitor displays all of guests' achievements all around America.

"I think she's about to turn 32, and oh- she's Thai," she excitedly shared, and I nooded my head, taking mental note about it.

"I can't properly see her face. It's always in a mask or blurry," I noticed, and that was when Sana looked at me again, grinning.

"That's why I'm very excited Jen, oh God. She never revealed her face. She was on a hiatus before, when something personal happened, and then she decided to continue her passion. To be honest, I also don't know her name, just P.B , and I heard that was not even her true initials. "

"So she's kinda mysterious doctor or something?" I commented, and she excitedly nods again. It was like she's so happy that I'm starting to understand why she's so looking forward to this event.

"Good morning, ladies." we both look at V when he came towards us. He smiled and sited next to me before handling both of us our coffee.

I thanked him for his gesture, and so did Sana and I sigh when he suddenly kissed my cheek.

"Anything for you," he said and winked at me.

After a year of staying in New Zealand, V and I met, and he was also the one who helped my father get out of prison. It was discovered that it was my dad's rival in politics who planned the accident years ago. I wanted to come back to personally apologise to Lisa for dragging her with my family's problem, but I also thought that it's all worthless now.

But I did try, though, that I just hope I didn't take the chance before.

I was devastated when I heard about her family and how she's doing so well in her life because at some point I hoped that Lisa will be able to remember me and choose to find me, but after those years, I never heard again about her.

"What do you want for lunch?" I looked at him and smiled his gestures.

"Burger and fries would be amazing."

"No, nothing but that, never mind. I'll just order a salad for you. " My smile faded at what he said. What I learned about Tae was that he's a health freak and kinda controlling. Even Sana noticed it as well, and I felt that she's about to say something, so I held her hand and signalled her to calm down.