Chapter 16

Irene's POV

"Now what?," I heard this person next to me said, her brows creased in annoyance while sighing loudly.

I don't know why, but I felt a sudden urge in myself to laugh at her situation. I mean, by what I see, she just won't let anyone use her car, and yet Jennie and I force her to give us the keys.

"It's just a car," I said, trying to annoy her, and my smile grew wider when she looked at me like I've grown two heads.

"It's not just a car. It's my life. Damn it!! If something happened to my baby, I'm going to make Lisa pay for it, " she mumbled while kicking the stones on the ground, her breathes sound so heavy while she keeps grunting about what happened.

While I'm just staring at her, looking at what she would do and what she will be doing until she stares at me, then takes her phone out.

"Give me your number," she said while she gave me her phone.

My eyes went wide, confused as to why she needed it.

"I mean, you're Jennie's friend, and she has my car, and I will contact you about it," she explained, but I could only smirk by what she's acting.

I folded my arms against my chest while I stared at her, amuse by her antics.

"Why do you need mine when you have Lisa's number, right? Remember? Jennie is going to Lisa, "I taunt her, and I laugh internally when I see how her ears and cheeks immediately redden

"Ye - yeah, of course. I just forgot, " she tried to say and pursed her lips, embarrassment filled in her.

I don't know why, but my smile grows wider and takes her phone from her hands and I type my number and call my phone. I gave back her phone, and I saw how her mouth opened.

"What?"I said and winked at her before I took my own phone and saved her number.

"Anyways, I'm going," I added and left her as I walked towards the church. It was almost lunch, and I still needed to help and feed the children.

But then I heard someone walking behind me, and there I saw Seulgi walking just a few feet apart.

"What are you doing?" I asked confusedly, but she just smiled and walked closer towards me until we were walking at the same pace and in the same direction.

"I'm going with you," she answered me after some time, which made me stop and look at her, narrowing my eyes and trying to intimidate her.

"Why?"I asked, but she just shrugged

"Why not?"

She asked back, which made me roll my eyes at her and just continue walking. We're so short in people anyway, might as well, used her presence.

-

"Come on!! Children are starving!!!"I shouted to Seulgi when she took so long to take the plates from the kitchen.

"Why did I agree to this?" I heard her mumbled while sighing loudly, and drops of sweat fell down from her forehead. Even her shirt are all damp.

I just shook my head at her antics and took the plates from her hand.

"I can handle this," she tried to say

"It's fine, just help others in serving the dishes," I dismissively said , and she had no choice but to agree to what I said.

While I gave the children their plate, I saw how she tried to talk to one of the server, asking questions about what was happening and why we needed to feed these children when they are not even our responsibility.