Chapter 25

Jennie's POV

It feels like my world stopped when she told me the truth about her status. The pain that I'm feeling doubles as I process what she meant.

It hurts

It hurt so much, but what else can I do?

I'm already in love with her.

Should I just make myself a mistress just for her to be with me? But what I'll become into? What do people think of me?

A home wreaker?

A mistress?

But Lisa, I love her. I do so much that I can take what other people will say to me as long as I get to be with her.

I wiped my tears away as I moved closer towards her. I held her face, forcing Lisa to look at me properly. I can't take it, she hurt me so much but it feels like I'll go crazy if she'll be gone and leave me, or if I chose what's best and I won't be ever to see her again.

"Was it Chealse?" I asked, which made her look at me confusedly. The brows on her forehead creased, maybe surprised to where did I get that name.

I haven't told her about the night that I left. I haven't told her that I heard her mumbled other girls' names on her sleep.

She took my hand away from her face before she walked closer, making us stand just a few inches apart. Her eyes were filled with mixed emotions. She looked so confused and vulnerable while she continued to stare at me.

"How did you know her?" She asked instead, which made me broken again. Did she really ask that first before my own thoughts and feelings regarding that woman? Regarding why she's married and yet she's making me feel all those emotions and happiness that I only get to experience with her?

My knees weakened as I stepped backwards, while my tears fell endlessly. I can't even breathe properly because of the pain that's been suffocating me.

She tried to hold me, but I still couldn't just accept easily that she made me her mistress, that she hid the truth from me.

"Y-you have all the time t-to tell me the t-truth," I weakly said to her. My knees were about to give up as it continued to shudders.

But she just bowed her head down. She looked so bothered to our situation, but we couldn't just continue everything after what I discovered, we need to address this for us to work. Because I want her, despite what she told me, I still wanted her to be with me. To fight for me.

"Did your parents tell you about my marriage?" She's almost hesitant to asked and I could only roll my eyes to her question.

Seriously? After everything that will be her question? It feels like she doesn't even care about me.

God, do it really hurt this much?

I wiped my tears away as I tried to stifle my sob. The pain was too much that I just wanted to run and leave her alone, but there's always a part of me that I wanted to be with her as well.

Somehow, I'm still hoping that we could still solve this and be happy again, just like how we used to.

I nodded my head while I slowly let out a sound to ask her a question that even I'm so scared for her to answer , but still I need it. I needed her to answer me so that I could decide whether to stay or not.

"Am I-" I stuttered that I closed my eyes and held my chest, forcing myself to fight the pain that's keeps on creeping inside me.

"Jennie," she called my name, it came out so soft and gentle that it almost melted me again, that I almost lost and just surrender to the feelings I have for her.