④ ❀𝚁𝚎𝚞𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍❀

Start from the beginning

Hatim ordered his trusted men to safely escort the girls to their homes. He lifted Maira into his arms and stepped outside. He smiled when he saw her snuggling close to his chest. However, his smile soon faded.

"Is this really my Maira, or is it just my imagination?" He sighed and turned to his men. "Burn down this warehouse; nothing should remain. Keep only two of them alive and bring them to our headquarters in Islamabad."

Then he approached his car, and Asad opened the back door for him. Hatim sat with Maira still in his arms because she wasn't willing to let go. She clung tightly to his shirt. Gently, he moved her hair from her face and kept looking at her. Suddenly, his eyes fell on the pendant she was holding in her hand, and he realized it was their engagement ring. Tears welled up in his eyes.

"She is really my Maira. I knew my Maira was alive. Thank you, Allah," he whispered, holding her close to his chest with happiness.

Asad was confused to see Hatim like this with a girl because he had never touched or thought about any girl other than Maira. Then it struck him. "Bhai, is she—"

"Yes, Asad, she is my Maira. Finally, I have found her," Hatim said, his voice breaking. "Do you believe she is really Maira... it's been 10 long years since you saw her?" He asked, concerned about Hatim's emotional state.

"What resides in your heart doesn't always require a face to recognize. She is my Maira, and she has that ring given to her by Maa on our engagement," Hatim said, gently caressing her cheek. "Bhai, I'm so happy for you."

Hatim smiled, and they reached their guesthouse within minutes. Hatim carried her inside the house and placed her on the couch. "Asad, fetch some water," Hatim said as he knelt on the floor beside her. Asad brought water, and Hatim sprinkled some on her face. A moment later, she stirred and opened her eyes. She blinked several times to clear her vision. When her sight finally cleared, Hatim's face appeared in front of her, and she frowned.

"Do you recognize me?" he asked, smiling with tears in his eyes. "H... Hatim," she whispered, attempting to sit up. Hatim helped her to sit and took a seat beside her, holding her hand. She continued to gaze at him, struggling to believe that it was really him. "Yes, Maira, I am your Hatim," she felt her breath quickening. Hatim quickly grabbed a glass of water from the table. "Have some water," he said, helping her drink from his hands.

Her entire body trembled, and she didn't know how to react. Tears welled up in her eyes as she looked at him. "Relax, you're safe now," he whispered, placing his hand on her cheek.

She couldn't hold back any longer and burst into tears, hugging Hatim tightly. He immediately wrapped his arms around her. Asad decided to give them some space and quietly left the room.

Hatim was also crying, but Maira was finally releasing all the pain, suffering, and loneliness she had felt in the past 10 years. She just needed a shoulder to cry on, and she had found that in Hatim. He let her cry and patted her head soothingly. "Where have you been all these years, Maira? I searched for you everywhere. In these 10 years, every day was a torment for me," he cried, holding her even tighter, afraid that she might disappear again.

"For me too... living without you... was no less than a torment. Every day, I prayed for my own death... because... I couldn't live without you," she mumbled between her tears. They both shed tears for all the years they had lived apart.

After a few minutes, which felt like hours, they finally broke the hug. Hatim wiped her tears and held her face in his hands.

"Enough of crying now. The tough times are over, and I won't let any tears fill your eyes for the rest of our lives," he spoke lovingly.