𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 42

♪ We hug and yes, we make love
And always just say "Goodnight" ♪

Eleanor Norris POV

I left Lando's side and I think he got a whole round of new energy. He joined both Maxes in the DJ booth and he was having the night of his life. I was talking to Riley and Emily and I was glad Lando was in that corner of the club because no one was ever there, it was way too dark.

I went to the bathroom and I was getting back to the girls when I felt my wrist being held and I was put against the wall.

I was about to go into fight mode when I saw Oscar was the one who did it.

"Are you crazy? I thought it was some crazy guy!" I am outraged by his behavior but he nods.

"I am going crazy. You make me lose control, I never do that. What the fuck was that?" He asks and I am confused. Did he see us? That is awkward.

"Blowing my husband after he won his home race? Is that so unbelievable Oscar?" I ask him as I am confused by his reaction.

"What is this?"

"This is what it's always been. Did you happen to forget he is my damn husband?"

"Well, you were looking for a replacement when we met. Is this over with?" His lips almost brushed on mine from how close he was.

"I fucked you in his car two days ago, how does that imply that we are over?" I ask confusedly and he kisses me.

A very passionate kiss, I might say. Might some say possessive, but I am someone he can't claim as his, I'm still someone's wife. My hand went to his hair and the other to the back of his neck as his body was glued to mine.

One of his hands was on my waist and the other was lifting my right leg and we finally stopped the kiss due to the lack of oxygen.

"You are signing with McLaren tomorrow, why didn't you tell me? Don't see how that makes this messier?" I ask as I look into his eyes and I see his surprise.

"Divorce him and I won't sign it," the decisiveness in his voice shocked me along with the words that accompanied it.

"What?"

"If you divorce Lando I won't sign that damn paper. Choose me, Ellie," he pleads and I see the multitude of emotions behind his eyes. He took a step back and held my hands with hope in his eyes.

"I- Do you know what you are asking me? Divorce him? Are you crazy?" I ask still overwhelmed with what he just asked of me.

"Please, Ellie, I would never do this to you. I would never look the other way, he- he doesn't love you. You know it, I do too. He is mad he was replaced. I will stay in Alpine if you divorce him, I will let the opportunity go if you get a divorce from him, if you choose me."

"I don't want you to give up the seat. I want to know why you haven't told me, you are working side by side with him. I should've known, you knew I would find out. Why are you even asking me this?" My mind was a mess but I could see his eyes getting glassy and I felt a lump in my throat as I thought he might cry.

"Because you will end up choosing someone, and I fear that it's not me if I give him more time. You will be his wife at the end of the day, I'm nobody."

"We- I can't do this, Oscar," I tell him as I prepare to leave for the table.

"I am doing it. Choose me and I won't sign it tomorrow," he repeats as he holds my wrist.

"I can't choose you, Oscar. I just can't. I told you I was married, you knew it from the start. I never lied to you," I say as I feel the sadness take over me.

"I am asking you to make a choice. Me or him."

"Do you- Are you in love with me?" I ask as the air is almost stolen from me as I think of the possibility of me hurting him. He is too good to be hurt.

"I am, that is why I can't stand by and see him try to win you back just to break you again. I love you, Eleanor," he says without a single doubt in his voice, his eyes were teary and mine were getting there too. What have I done?

"Don't do this to her," I hear Lando's voice and we both turn to him startled, he was about a meter from my right and I didn't even see it.

"Of course," Oscar says bitterly as he lets out an angry chuckle.

"Sign the fucking contract, she won't make a choice. Let her be, this is not the game you want to be playing Oscar, it's not fair," Lando takes my hand gently and I let him and see how he was serious.

"Are you scared she would choose me?" Oscar provokes him and Lando nods.

"I am scared shitless, but that doesn't mean I will make her choose. It's not right to do that and you know it. But if she chooses you I will give her the damn divorce, I am not a monster."

Oscar's eyes were on me, hope was back again on them. Lando swallowed nervously but his expression was blank. He was doing his best to be unreadable but I was not ready to make a decision. If I had to make one, I would have to trust the person who always knew me better than anyone.