𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 8

♪ I need him like water, he thinks that I'm alright
I'm not feeling human, I think he's a good guy ♪

Eleanor Norris POV

"Would it be weird if I tell you I don't know what I want? I want to feel good, I want to enjoy my twenties but I feel like I'm drowning," I choose honesty once again because he seems like someone who would appreciate it rather than me lying.

"I like the honesty because I could see the indecisiveness before you even talked. How about we dance together? I will forget that you are a married woman and you will also forget you are married for tonight." He proposes as I watch my friends having fun.

"Why not?" I say happily as I take the hand he gave me to hold onto.

I danced with him for a while. I felt his eyes on me the whole time, he was definitely checking me out and I was in for it. I had just finished a drink so I went to put down the glass when I feel his presence behind me.

"Your values really don't seem like they align with flirting with a married woman, are you sure you should keep following me around?" I ask turning around to look at him.

"The deal with married women is that don't want to walk all over a guy who loves her and is home waiting for her. He doesn't love you and he is not home waiting for you, he is doing the exact same with another woman that I'm trying to do to you," he says as he looked into my eyes.

"And what are you trying to do? Make me look less lonely?" I ask with a smirk and he chuckles.

"You don't look lonely, you are here with a huge group of supporters, he is probably more lonely than you," he says looking back to our friends.

When he finally looked at me, I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. I was a bit drunk so I could use that excuse if he rejected me. But he didn't. He quickly grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to his body.

It was probably one of the best kisses of my life if I exclude the ones I gave Lando in Bahrain. I was breathless once we pulled away and he had my lipstick all over his mouth which made me let out a laugh.

"That color looks great on you," I try to lighten the mood and it works because he laughs.

"Thank you. I was looking for a shade that would enhance my best features," his answer made me honestly laugh. How is he unnecessarily funny?

"Do you live here in Australia?" I ask curiously and he shakes his head.

"I live in London, I had better opportunities there for what I wanted," he explains calmly as he starts walking to the bar to ask for a beer and he gives me a cocktail.

"I live in London too so it's pretty crazy how we got to meet here of all places, I have never been here before so it was a really slim chance for something like this to happen," I say impressed with the coincidence.

"I guess it was meant to be. How old are you? If you want to tell me, I know it's rude to ask," he says calmly as his focus was on me. We head inside and sit on one of the couches.

"I'm 21, trying to reach 22 soon. What about you?" I ask curiously. I didn't even though that he could've been younger than me.

"I'm 21, recently made. I was born in 2001. How old is he?" He asks as he leaned back, he was comfortable and he seems overly confident which is kind of attractive to see but he makes me think of Lando. The old Lando was a very similar vibe to what Oscar is giving me.

"He is 22, going for 23. We both got trapped in this marriage pretty young so this is what our parents caused," I say a bit resentful of how they fucked our lives on a whim.

"So, were you two friends? How does an arranged marriage happen nowadays?" He was obviously curious, and I get it.

"We were friends for a lot of years and our families were from the same social circle and were always hanging out too. Last year the ultimatum was made and we got married, our friendship ended and it has been hell since then. I'm glad I have good friends, even if most are mutual friends." I explain calmly and he looks me up and down, stopping in my eyes.

"So, you were friends, you could've made it work. Are you sure there is nothing there? Because I would hate to blow it all up, since I'm very eager to kiss you again," he says that and I saw him clearly gulp, that is when I realized he was nervous.

"I don't think there is anything to save. He has his mistress and he is always pretending I don't even exist" I say shrugging it off. "Are you really thinking of kissing me again?"

"If you were single and you had kissed me like that, I can assure you that I would be back at the hotel with you by now, you are way more attractive than you think and I kind of like your personality."

"Can we meet again in London? I will give you my number and we can arrange something. I want you to think this through, no alcohol involved. I really don't want to be the girl who prompted a guy to break his values while drunk," I say picking up my phone and he nods.

"I will absolutely meet you in London, I didn't drink that much. Text me when you get to London" He says giving me his phone and I give him my number. He gives me a quick call so I could save his number and I do so.

"I should get going. I am pretty sure I heard my sister screaming somewhere," I say as I get up from the couch and he follows me in that.

"Hey!" He calls out as he holds my wrist, I look at him confused and he kisses me one last time. This time was quicker than the last. "You look gorgeous tonight by the way," he says caressing my cheek and leaving to meet someone who called him outside. Oh, I'm fucked.