𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 3

♪ And then, It's a cross dissolve
It's a scene I've played before ♪

Eleanor Norris POV

I reached the airport with caution. Flo was in complete panic when I got to her, she had been there two hours apparently, Lando was unreachable, so they called me. Which I'm glad about because she looked so scared.

"Thank you so much!" The words leave her mouth as soon as we enter the cab.

"It's fine. You don't need to thank me. I am glad you are okay, I was so scared when your mom told me your battery died and a guy was watching you closely. Did he do something to you?" I ask as I tried to see if she was hurt but she shakes her head.

"No! I pretended to be on the phone until you got here," she was more calm now and I was glad I had sound on.

"Do you have a room booked?" I ask as we approach the hotel.

"I don't know, Lando was supposed to take care of it but I would guess he forgot that too," the bitterness in her voice was obvious. Amy brought out Lando's worse side or maybe it was me, I don't know. He is usually such a good person.

"You can stay with me, the hotel is all booked now. The bed is pretty huge or I can sleep on the couch," I chuckle as I try to light up the situation.

"Yes! That will be great," she was more excited for the idea than what I had expected.

We arrived at the hotel, she had a suitcase that I tried to carry but she said she could do it so I just let her do it. His family is way more nicer to me than he is. She went to get a shower, I ordered dinner to the room because I don't think she will want to go out of the room to eat. When I was done I called Lando's mom, Cisca, to warn her everything was good. She took it on the first ring.

"Hey! I just wanted to tell you all that she is with me in my room. She is safe, she is taking a shower, and nothing happened in the airport. I ordered dinner for her and I will keep an eye on her during the weekend"

"Thank you so much, darling! I am so glad nothing happened, I think I would have to strangle Lando" She says relieved and I try not to laugh.

"Flo's phone is charging so she can call you when she gets out of the shower. She will stay here for the weekend and I can travel with her back to London to make sure everything goes well"

"I don't know what we would've done. I had my heart on my hands to know our girl was in that position, she just wanted to go and support him and this happens," she was obviously nervous and shaken up.

"It all worked out all right. We will have some fun now but if you want to plan something like this we can always arrange for it. I know Lando is pretty busy so he forgets stuff," I don't know why I still try to defend him but that always happens. Shit.

"He is being an asshole. Let's call it for what it is. He has no respect for you or for his family, I am sick of the disrespect honey. But we will take care of it, you are family and you will be treated like it. Please come back with Flo and have dinner with us here. I won't take no for an answer," her energy is so awesome that it made me smile.

"Of course, I will see you on Monday. Take care" I say before we hung up.

The food got here right before Flo got out of the bathroom in her pajamas and I smile. She seemed way happier and completely relaxed.

"I called your mom, they know you are all right. I will come back to London with you and I will get dinner as a thank you," I am playful and she laughs.

"Thank you, for real. I really do appreciate what you did. With how my brother is treating you I wouldn't expect anything from you but you are genuinely great. The new version of him doesn't deserve you, maybe he will get used to this with time. I sure hope so because I like you," she was being honest and serious, and my smile was trembling. My true emotions wanted to come to the surface.

"Your brother is not that bad, I understand his thought process, I don't support his way of dealing with things but it is what it is. But I will always be available for any of you, you were all great to me," I fill my cup as I said it and she smiles nodding.

"Let's be sisters then, I don't like the sister-in-law thing."

The night with her was fun, we talked a lot, she told me about her love for showjumping, about her long-term boyfriend, Carmen, he was at a wedding and he was so nice. I felt good and I think we are friends now. She makes me remember how Lando was: nice, friendly, and funny.

She told me about family members, they actually like me from when Lando and I were friends, I used to go over a lot of times, especially when my family would have dinner with theirs. I only talked more casually with his sisters, I got along well with Savannah, I even went to her marriage to Oliver.

Everything was so good until this marriage happened, what a fucking stupid idea. We fell asleep a bit late but it was worth it. I took her out for breakfast close by and we went to the circuit with Carlos who kindly offered us a drive when we found him at breakfast. So, I just have to endure today and tomorrow before I can finally go home. I can do this, then I only need to show up when my dad makes me show up to keep the rumors away.