𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 5

♪ But I'm wearing his boxers, I'm being a good wife
We won't be together, but maybe the next life ♪

Eleanor Norris POV

Kissing Lando was especially meant to harm Amy. She is mean, she acts like a bitch and she is fucking a married man so she deserves nothing from me. I don't care if it's real or not. He is still my husband, she can't talk shit about me and expect me to do nothing, if she kept her distance and her mouth shut I wouldn't care.

But that kiss, it wasn't supposed to be like this. We usually always give quick kisses in public, I thought he would push me off, or maybe just let it be but he pulled me in and intensified the kiss. I must be imagining things. I know I wanted this to work, I thought I had a chance but I never did. I am not even his type, I am the opposite of Amy proudly and he clearly adores her.

The dinner was fun, his best friend is funny and we used to be friends but he had to take a side, we can only talk when Lando isn't around. We had good talks at dinner until it was time to get some rest, tomorrow it would be the last day and I wanted to be as good as new.

In the race, Lando got 3rd place. Charles won, Carlos got 2nd and Lando came right behind. One of the pitstops was too slow so it fucked it up a bit. I waited with Flo to congratulate him, he hugged her and he came closer to me.

"Stop looking at him, look at me in the podium" He whispers as his hand stops in the back of my head.

"I will think about it"

I thought I was smart answering that until he pulled me in for a kiss that was as good as yesterday's. Fuck. Why are these the best kisses I've had in my life? If he kisses me like that and he despises me I can only imagine how he kisses someone who he likes. Why is he so pressed about me being friends with Carlos?

"Congrats mate" He says as he turns around and Carlos is behind him to congratulate him.

"Gracias. I came to congratulate you too" He says as he hugs Lando proudly.

"You did so good Carlos!" I say happily and he smiles.

"Thank you hermosa. Whatever he ate today wasn't enough " He says as he winks at me and I can only laugh.

Lando gives me one last look before doing his quick interview and following the Ferrari boys to the cooldown room.

"So, he is jealous of Carlos? That is new" Flo says surprisedly.

"That is not something he tends to share, he doesn't even admit it" Fewtrell says shrugging.

"He is not jealous. He doesn't want me to make him look bad, rumors with another F1 driver would be a humiliation" I was being rational, I knew damn well he didn't care about me.

"He will be the first one to be caught if he goes on like this" Flo says concerned and I shrug.

We watched the podium, the few times I looked up Lando was already looking at me. What does he want? Is he testing me or what? He spent 5 months not giving a shit about me. And I knew he would get back to it, I am not getting my hopes up for him. He offered to take us back to the hotel so we waited for him.

As we left the paddock I felt his hand on mine. Maybe my dad texted him, he is very persuasive. We got to the hotel and found Charles and Carlos. I hugged them both excitedly, they were happy too.

"Are you finally stepping up?" Charles asks looking at Lando curiously.

"Nah, I have to go. See you around" He says leaving everyone there.

"Which race will you come next to?" Carlos was clearly interested and I shrug.

"Australia. Daniel said I have to go, no one wants an angry Daniel," the comment is enough for both him and Charles to laugh.

"We will definitely have a party there if you decide to light up and forget the douchebag you have as a husband. Give him the same respect he gives you," Carlos's offer is not new and makes me chuckle.

"I will give it a serious thought this time" I say as I started to walk to the elevators.

"See you in Australia" Both Charles and Carlos manage to say it at the same time ad I wave them off as I put our floor in the elevator.

"You should take them up on their offer. Lando needs to see you have some fun, maybe he will admit his jealousy or whatever that boy thinks" Fewtrell says and I am surprised Lando's best friend is telling me to basically cheat on his friend.

"You know that they want to set me up with a guy, right? To cheat on Lando" I try to make it clearer and he just shrugs.

"I know"

"That would be so genius. Have fun too, if you are both stuck in it for 2 years he shouldn't be the only one having fun" Flo says happily and I am dumbfounded by her take on this.

"I will think about it" I say as Max arrives at his room before and ours was a bit next.

"See you around girls. Behave well, please" He says as we nod and I hear his door closing.

We had a girl's night. Romantic comedy movies, chocolates, ice cream, chips, and a lot of gossip happened in that room. The next day we traveled to London since I had canceled our flight and I would use my dad's jet that he provided me to travel. Dinner with his family was genuinely nice. His dad even asked if I wanted him to take care of what had to do with Amy. I said I didn't care and he shrugged it off.

I am glad I didn't raise my hopes up because the three weeks that separated Bahrain from Australia we went back to the same. He didn't show up home, he didn't eat the food I'd made for him, he would sleep at her apartment every night and I would be ignored. I was done.

Maybe going to a party in Australia is just what I need and I will do just that.