𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 6

♪ I need him like water, He lives on a landslide
I cry in his bathroom, He turns off the big light ♪

Lando Norris POV

Kissing Eleanor was a big mistake. I shouldn't have done it. And Amy didn't forget it and I don't think she will. But Eleanor still does the same things day after day, doesn't she learn? I watched the messages I had from her and wondered if she was in denial. Most times I wouldn't even respond for days if it wasn't a question.

Eleanor: I have the clothes ready for the weekend. The suitcase is ready. Good luck.

Okay.

Eleanor: Dinner is on the fridge, it was getting too late.

I'm not going home for dinner.

Eleanor: Could you buy something sweet when you come home? Please!

I'm not going home today.

Eleanor: Dinner is on the fridge anyways. Thanks.

Eleanor: You got letters in the mail today.

Eleanor: Are you coming home today?

No.

I got to Australia and I knew she would be here, Daniel told me he had invited her to come to Australia because she had never been here. On the first day, she got here with Daniel and I happened to be parking at the same time.

"Good morning" I say as I reach them and both seem indifferent to my presence.

"Hey" She says with zero emotion. We get inside the paddock and I see the cameras immediately ready for the pictures.

"Good job in Saudi Arabia. 2nd and 3rd place is good" She says as we all walked through the paddock and I nod.

"Thank you! Maybe Lando can get a win with you here" Daniel says happily.

"He would probably get it faster if I wasn't here" She mutters as we stop to sign some things and I pretend not to listen. They wouldn't like the answer.

"Your wife is so pretty. Do you want to have kids someday?" A little girl asks and I chuckled.

"I hope so, especially if they are as cute as you" I say messing her hair which makes her laugh.

"Thank you" The girl's mother says appreciative and I nod.

I signed some stuff before I went on my way. I came back to the garage after the first free practice and saw Eleanor's older sister, Emily, and best friend, Riley, there with her as they had some lighthearted chat.

"I didn't know you were all reuniting here in Australia" I say as I arrive to their side.

"How would you know? You would need to talk to your wife for that to happen," Emily blurts out with some accusation in her tone and I see how Eleanor gave her a warning look.

"Good job Lando. We won't bother you, don't worry about it," Riley says a bit coldly, she was definitely nicer before the marriage happened. I was too but I had my reasons.

"Have fun girls," I say before leaving the garage to go to the media pen with Daniel.

"What happened?" Daniel asks after I sighed and I shrug.

"Nothing. I just don't like to be the villain, it's not my thing. Why did they all come to your home race?" I ask curiously why everyone was there for him.

"We get along well. You know Eleanor is a good person, no one is the villain here, you are both in the same boat. You act like you want her out of the boat and in the deep sea with no return, there is no need for any of that. Just be civil, make the effort."

"It's easy to say when you are on the outside. You are not the one who got married at 21 against your will,"

"She was 20, do you think she wanted to get married to a guy who would treat her like shit for 2 years or more?" He retorts back and I know it would be best to be quiet.

"I think she wanted the fame and she got it. She is enjoying this. I never saw that girl without makeup, she is always ready for the spotlight to be on her. I can't do this, I can't pretend I support her act. You all fell into it and I don't care. Find someone who wants her, find someone to make her happy for the year and a half to come. I don't care" I spit out in anger and he nods.

The silence was strong, we entered the media pen, gave our interviews, and went our own way. I didn't want to find any of them so I went into the garage where I saw Oscar Piastri, he is the reserve driver for Alpine and McLaren. He is Australian so it makes sense he would be here, I greeted him excitedly.

"McLaren is on fire this year," he says looking at my car and I nod.

"They've done a good job in improving the car, I think we really do have a chance this year"

"I sure hope so, the car's statistics are great. How's life going? I heard you got married last year, I thought it was a rumor," his voice showed me his clear surprise and I try to smile.

"Yeah, it happened. I got married on the 13th of October, it was not a rumor," I felt the bitterness in my mouth as I said it but I couldn't just lie. I won't tell him what this is, we are not that close.

"Congratulations mate. Almost 6 months have gone by, I could never imagine marrying at 21 or 22, I'm glad you found the love of your life that early," he was more excited than me and I shrug.

"I guess I got lucky."

Zak arrived and was able to change the subject back to something I could enjoy. I saw Eleanor a few more times over the weekend, I had to kiss her a few times too since people were always around, they were quick kisses, so it was nothing. I hugged her a few times to make it seems okay every time I got out of the car because the results were good.

Since Daniel won the race in his home race, everyone was delighted by the result. I got 2nd place and Carlos finished 3rd. She hugged Daniel since he got out first, they made a joke between them and then I went to hug her too and gave her a peck before turning to the interviewer. I need this shit to end quickly before I become insane.