𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 39

♬ Ocean blue eyes looking in mine
I feel like I might sink and drown and die ♬

Lando Norris POV

I crossed the finish line as I saw the checkered flag. I was over the moon, I got a win in my home race and I am getting something from my wife, so win-win for me.

"That's for you, baby!" I say on the radio. "Great work team! Thank you for all the hard work!"

"Good job Lan, I will see you at the podium," I hear my wife's voice on the radio and I smile.

I parked the car and Carlos soon followed, so I greeted him as I went to get weighed.

"Sounds like luck wasn't on your side," I am smug but it feels good.

"Hermano, you would've never let me overtake you. I think you would prefer to take me out of the race, even if it meant both of us going out," he laughs as he says it and I do it.

"You've never been more right," I tell him going to my team and I see my wife in the front row.

"I knew you would win," she says as I hug her.

"You hoped I would win," I corrected her before kissing her.

"Good job son," my dad says before I hug him.

"We did it!" I say excitedly as I hug my mom.

The rest of the people were still in the garage. A few minutes later I was on the top step of the step, I looked for my wife and I found her, which made me smile and wink at her. She does it back and I see the camera focused on her. Gorgeous.

I celebrated the podium, almost breaking Carlos's trophy, by accident. Or so I pretended before giving him a smirk and he drenched me in his champagne as we laughed. I did the interviews, took pictures with the team, and finally managed to get inside the motorhome, I went through the hospitality zone and went into the private one where Zak called me.

"We are signing someone in Daniel's place since he is leaving," Zak says happily and I am curious.

"Who?" I ask curiously.

"Oscar Piastri, we have been talking to him and it's the best option for the team. It's two young talents like the team needs and he has been an exceptional rookie everywhere he has been," he says excitedly and my mind goes completely blank.

"That's great, when will he sign?" I ask as I try not to react.

"Tomorrow, I was just giving you a heads up."

"Well, thank you for that. I need to get a quick shower now," I say and he nods.

"Good job today Lando, I knew we could do it," he says proudly as I leave the room.

That fucking asshole wants my wife and my seat? Over my dead body! He seems like he just wants to take my fucking place.

I entered my room took the race suit off and went to take a quick bath. I got out and I was picking up my pants when I heard Eleanor's voice.

"That was fucked up Danny but it happens," she tells him as they were probably in the hallway.

"At least I'm ready to leave, take care love," he says as he probably hugs her goodbye and I see my door opening. I was sitting on the bed and I think I looked angry.

"What happened?" She asks as she stops in front of me confusedly.

"Oscar, that's what fucking happened," I say frustrated and she lifts my chin so I would look up at her.

"What did he do or say?" She asks worriedly and I look to my left.

"He is signing with McLaren for Daniel's place next year. Did you know it?" I ask as I look up at her and she seems as surprised as I am.

"Oh, gosh. I- I didn't know. He didn't tell me, are you sure? It can just be a dumb rumor. He is the reserve driver for Alpine, maybe he is signing for Alpine, I don't know," she tries to make sense of it but I shake my head.

"Zak was the one who told me, it's not a rumor. He will sign the contract tomorrow, which means he has been in talks to sign it for some time."

"I would've never gotten involved with him if I knew it would be this messy Lando. My point was for it to be someone you didn't even know, and you somehow happened to know him. I am sorry, this will be so awkward. We can only separate at the end of next year," she is obviously overthinking this but I just get up.

"It's not your fault but I think he should've shared that information with you. He will be your husband's teammate and he didn't even give you a heads up," I say as I kiss her cheek.

"I am going to end this before he is your teammate, I won't do that to both of you," she says decisively and my heart skips a beat.

"Nora, are you going to end our marriage or your affair?" I ask as I try to maintain an indifference in my tone and face but my body was betraying me. I could barely breathe.

"It's easier to end the affair, Lando, don't be stupid," she says and I let all the air leave my lungs. "You know I can't leave you."

"Between me and him, who would you choose?" I ask but I don't know if I wanted the answer.

"I don't love him."

"You don't love me."

"I would choose you," she says calmly and I smile.

"Why?"

"You are my husband for some reason unknown to me so why would I choose him?" She asks calmly and I shrug.

"You didn't choose to marry me, that was forced upon you. You choose to be with him and you might fall in love with him if this keeps going."

"I might fall in love with you too, but I think Oscar would be the safest choice for love," she says as she fixes my recently dried hair and I feel like a dagger was stabbed into my heart.

"Why?" That was the only word I was able to say without my voice breaking.

"Because I fell in love with you once, just to get crushed right after. I think if I loved him, he would love me back," she says as our eyes are still locked and I swallow nervously.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to, but I definitely loved you once too. I just- I needed someone to blame."

"And you chose me because you needed a reason out," she concludes my train of thought and I look down before I feel her lips crashing into mine. God.