Chapter 13- The bouquet

Agam's Pov

After getting dressed for the office, I went into Yug's room and got him ready. We both live in my penthouse. Sometimes I drop Yug off at my parents' whenever I go to the office.

We reached my parents' house, and as we got out of the car, I saw my father sitting in the lawn reading the newspaper. "Good morning, Dad," I said to him while touching his feet. Yug copied me and did the same.

(According to the Hindu tradition, when you touch the feet of an elder person, you are in turn blessed with knowledge, intellect, strength and fame)

Dad picked up Yug and made him sit on his lap. "Good morning, beta," he replied to me and started talking to Yug.

I went inside only to find my overexcited mother chatting with Anita and Drishti Aunty. Anita Aunty is my mother's old friend who also happens to be a jewelry designer.

"Good morning, everyone," I said to them while touching their feet.

"Congratulations, Agam. I am so happy for you," Anita Aunty said while getting up from her place and hugging me.

"Thank you, Aunty," I replied.

"I saw her picture, and I must say she is so beautiful. I can't wait to design jewelry for her," she said in excitement. I mean, yes, of course, my wife looks like a goddess, but what's 'she'? "Thank you, Aunty, and her name is Sarah," I replied.

My eyes went toward the boxes kept on the table with different types of jewelry in them.

"Your breakfast is ready. Go and have it," Mom said, and I turned around to go towards the dining table.

Before I could exit the hall, Mom called me, "Agam! Also, please be free tomorrow; we have to go to Sarah's house."

"Okay, also, I'll be a little late today. We all are going out," I replied.

"Yes, yes, I know. Drishti told me," Mom said, and I moved out of the hall.

I was at the dining table having breakfast with Yug. This is something we have done since the starting. No matter where we are, be it at our home or at my parents' house, or even if I have to leave early, Yug always gets up to have breakfast with me.

We finished our breakfast, I said goodbye to everyone, and left for the Office

Sarah's Pov

"Maa!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU" I screamed when she pour a jug of water on me

"Agar nhi uthegi to Yhi karna padega na" She snapped back at me

(If you'll not get up then I have to use all these tricks)

I got off my bed and went stomping towards the washroom, I was brushing my teeth when I heard my mother saying

"You should have a habit of waking up early, what will your in-laws think of if you'll do same things in-front of them" I opened the door and said "Ohpleashdon'tdragthistopichinbetween" or at-least tried to say (Oh-please-don't-drag-this-topic-in-between)

"Offo go and brush your teeth first" she said with an annoying look on her face, I rolled my eyes and went inside

I came out of the washroom and saw that she had already left my room, I went downstairs and saw mama and papa having breakfast at the dining table

"Lo aa gyi aapki ladli" mom said pointing towards me
(Here comes your darling)

"Good morning papa" I said to papa while hugging him
"Good morning mata ji" I said to my mother while giving her a tight lipped smile  to which she did the same
(Mata ji - Mom)