Chapter 2 - Alloo

Sarah's Pov

As the little devil was screaming and wiggling, I started looking around to see if someone was there.
I saw a lady sleeping on the nearby chair, she seemed old. She woke up from her sleep with a jerk after hearing the sounds. She saw me and came running towards us, I guess she is her nanny or something, he hopped towards her immediately and did some actions towards the pool while sniffing softly.

I turned towards the pool to see his action figure floating there, I went towards it picked it up and gave it to him, his hazel eyes cheered up and he smiled at me the most beautiful and precious smile I have ever seen. Then my gaze shifted towards the lady and she stopped smiling once she noticed I was angry.

"You should be more careful when you have the responsibility of a baby" I said to her in a cold tone

"I am sorry mam, I am really sorry I have motion sickness that's why I took some medicines and because of their effect I dozed off" she kept on blabbering

I just nodded at her bend down a little and placed a small peck on the kid's face "You should not cry like this handsome" he giggled at me shyly, And soon it was interrupted by an annoying familiar voice "Trying to scare him dum-dum" ughhh I turned around with an annoyed expression only to see the one and only Akshit Roy standing there with his hands folded on his chest, aka the jerk my bestfriend is marrying.

Akshit is a nice guy he is like one of those guys you read about in books. We share a Love-Hate relationship (mostly hate) still he is perfect for my Kavu, one of the few things I like about him is the amount of hardwork this man has done, even after having a well established family business he started his own clothing line, he is the CEO and founder of Droptop one of the leading Fashion brand in India. He is fun to be around just like Kavu, they both are definitely made for each other

"When will you stop calling me that?" I asked him while hitting his shoulder

"Never" he replied with a mischievous grin
This man really loves to annoy me

"Your bags have been shifted to your room and now you may also go there I don't want my princess (Kavya) to get angry just because YOU are late for the dinner" he said in an ordering tone.

"Okay boss" I replied and left for my room pushing him aside

I went to my room and took a much needed long hot shower. When I came out of the shower it was already 6:30 pm and my phone had 15 missed calls from Kavu and 1 from Akshit.

"Shit shit shitttt how did I end up being this late" I said to myself while calling Kavu and wearing my Anarkali suit that was not cooperating with me right now.

"Hello" she is angry and I can sense it from her voice

"Kavu do you have a bindi with you?" I replied ignoring the cold hello

"Care to explain why were you not picking up my calls and where the fuck are youu" she said more like screamed at me again!

"Issshh yaar shaadi kya ho rhi hai zyada chillane lag gyi hai tu" (you have started shouting too much since your wedding is fixed)

"I am just nervous you know his family and I don't want to face them alone and nor do I want to be late they are quite punctual bhai" she said in a low voice

"I am almost ready just want the bindi I am coming to your room" I lied while still struggling to wear my kurta
I cut the call and started doing my makeup there was practically no time left so I just applied Kajal, mascara, a little blush and gloss, I wore my heels, locked my room and rushed towards Kavya's room.

Sarah's outfit