Chapter 21

Amma's POV
Ash, Vaeh, Ayden and I, had to clean up the house after the party yesterday, it was really exhausting, obviously.

I lazily get up from my bed, glance at the clock which said 10:00AM, realizing I woke up late due to how tired I was, I drag my self to the bathroom.

I throw an oversized hoodie on, the hoodie was actually for Ayden but when he couldn't find it, he stopped looking for it, he probably even forgot about it since it's not his favorite one.

As I headed down the stairs, the smell of eggs Benedict hit my nose as I inhaled, getting to the kitchen, I see Ayden already eating his meal and mine was on the kitchen cabinet, I grab it telling him a thank you and headed back to my room.

Coming back upstairs after dropping and doing the dishes, my phone buzzes and I get comfortable on my bed before stretching to take it on the night stand.

I go to messages and surprisingly, it was a text from Ashton, seeing his contact 'him', on top of the message list, I open it and read:
'I'll pick you up at 1:00PM, be ready'

I check the time on the phone, it was currently 11:10AM ,another message also comes in from Jacob but I decided to read it later since I badly wanted to take a quick nap.

Jacob had left earlier yesternight, he had told Nevaeh to tell me that he needed to be somewhere, and that he would text me, I was still a bit shocked from yesterday's events so I needed some time to consider his feelings and not hurt him, he is a good friend I thought drifting off to sleep.

Ashton's POV
I had my bath and put on grey sweatpants and a white vest, by the time I got downstairs, Luke and Amelia were already eating the food Mariella, the helper had prepared. Our parents were barely at home so she took care of us.

I preferred the word helper since the word maid seemed derogatory, Luke had slept in one of the rooms since it was a bit late last night for him to make his way home.

"morning big bro" Melia chirps, stuffing her mouth with more food which makes me smile "morning chipmunk, how was your night?" I ask, "it was fine, I had a lovely dream" she says grinning, "why don't you tell me about that dream later, yeah" I say as she nods enthusiastically flashing her small set of teeth.

"hey man, dint want to disturb you" he says as I took a seat at the table and Mariella brings my food, I give her a small smile to signify thank you which she returns.

"it's fine" I say and started eating, after a while, Luke breaks the silence, "so are you gonna do it?" he asks, "do what?"

"the dare" he says in a duh tone, rolling his eyes, "what dare?" I knew what he was talking about but I didn't want to say it, his fingers go to bridge of his nose as he pinches with frustration. Melia gets up to drop her dishes and heads to her room, "I'll be in my room watching SpongeBob!" she shouts as she went up the stairs.

"you have to take Amma out remember?" he says finishing his food, "why do I have to do that?" I say as memories of her and that guy comes to mind and anger starts to bubble up within me.

"it's not like she even wants me to take her out anyways" I say again taking another bite of this delicious meal.

I mean, I needed to stay away from her as well as I could, but I knew I couldn't, I did not want to confirm what I was feeling yet, and if I was around her too much, that feeling might just confirm itself, taking me through a pathetic love cycle which always ends up in a mess.

"I wouldn't say she doesn't want you to though" he says

"what do you mean?"

"I looked at her yesterday, and... never mind" he says bringing his phone out of his pocket, "I wasn't minding anything" I say with an unbothered tone, "you just don't get it" Luke sighs, "forget it, dude, I am not taking her out" I say as we both get up to drop our dishes and I head to my room.