Chapter 3

Ayden's POV
I was in the sitting room checking my messages when the door bell rang, I go open the door and saw Amma's friend, I couldn't remember her name all I knew was that she had pretty eyes.
"Hi" she says with a smile and her eyes sparkled, "Hi" I say realising that I was checking her out, "may I come in?" she asks again and that's when I hear Amma's voice "who is there" she asks, since I couldn't remember her name, I just told her to come in and headed to my room.
*******************
I started to feel thirsty so I go downstairs to get something to drink, I was on the stairs when I remembered that I was no longer in my vest but I was too lazy to go back up at that moment and I didn't mind Amma's friend seeing me like this.

I open the fridge and poured myself lemonade, "ouch" I hear someone say then realized it was her and I saw why she was in pain, I knew she had been staring at me and I smiled a bit knowing I got her attention, she looks at me and I looked up, she breaks the eye contact and followed Amma upstairs.
********
I was on my way down stairs to tell Amma that mom and Ayan were on their way home when I heard their conversation and my name was mentioned, "Ash, you like my brother", Ash? that's her name?, probably what she called her "what! No, you know he is with Christiana", for some reason I wanted to go tell her that I had nothing to do with 'Ana but Amma did just that
"I think I do", "since when?", "sophomore year?" she says more like a question, I was shocked at her confession although I was a bit flattered.

"Amma, mom said she and Ayan are on the way back" I go tell her a few seconds after her friend left, "Okay, can you help me cleanup, Ashwyra couldn't do it cos of her hands" "sure" I reply taking note of her name.
A few moments later, mom and Ayan arrive, "wassup lil bro" I say ruffling his hair, "Mom, tell Ayden I'm not a little kid and shouldn't ruffle my hair, a man's hair is part of his pride" the nine year old boy whines, I chuckle at how cute he was being.

He goes into the kitchen, seeing the cookies, he starts to dig in "Nooo" I shout, "what's wrong?" mum asks that's when Amma comes downstairs "hey, I din't give you permission to eat that yet".

" sorry, I assumed you made it for me", "it's fine, I wanted to surprise you with it", "ok, I'll go act surprised then" Ayan says and dramatically goes to the kitchen entrance and comes back acting surprised.

"ohh my goodness, cookies, for me, thank you" he says still munching on them which makes us laugh.
"how was the sleepover?" Amma asks "it was interesting" Ayan says, "cool, enjoy your cookies" she says while heading to her room "I will" Ayan replies sitting in front of the TV.

I ask mom where dad was and she said he stood late at work "OK" I say and headed to my room to prepare for school.

What do you guys think about Ayan? I hope you enjoyed this short chapter🤗.