Chapter 20

Amma's POV
I was nervous and excited as people started coming in few minutes after the mini party, the mini party was for I and the people I was close to - Ayden, Ash, Vaeh and Jacob, it was really nice when they sang the birthday song for me, my parents also FaceTime to wish me since they were on a business trip.

When I had asked for permission to throw a small party last week, they almost declined but I pleaded with them before they finally accepted.

Also Ayan wasn't at home, which was good because I didn't want any of the teens to start doing it without caring that there was a ten year old around.

I had gotten Birthday wishes from him earlier in the morning, before Ayden dropped him off at his best friend's house.

There were varieties of snacks and drinks left since we only shared the cake amongst ourselves, I also left Ayan a share in the fridge.

The party was in full swing, I recognized some of the people that were in my grade like Angela, Pamela, and some people I didn't really recognize, not that I was complaining as long as they were never mean to me.

I look down at my outfit again which I really liked btw,

(I decided not to make her outfit blue this time 🙂).

I looked really pretty, not that I was trying to brag or anything but I could also tell from the stares I was getting (especially the guys).

An hour had passed and the house was packed, Nevaeh was dancing with a few girls, Ash was talking to Ayden and Jacob and I were having drinks at the table.

"so what do you call a rude cow?" Jacob asks in the middle of our drinks, we had been telling each other dad jokes, "I don't know, what do you call it?" I ask already smiling, "a beef jerky" he says which makes me laugh.

"ok, so where does a sheep go to get a haircut?" I ask now, "I don't know, where?" he says revealing 'that' smile, "the baa baa shop", he facepalms which makes me laugh again.

All this while we had been telling dad jokes I felt someone's eyes on me, I looked around till I saw a pair of green eyes, he looks away from me and I noticed that his facial expression looked like he did not want to be here, I look beside him and see Luke who had a girl by his side.

I clear my thoughts and turn my head again to face Jacob, "Amma so there is something I need to tell you" Jacob says, his face turning serious "Oh ok, what is it" I said a bit scared, due to his expression.

"Amma I want to tell you that i--" he was saying before before Nevaeh comes to drag both our arms, she was a bit drunk, I could tell.

"come on you guys we want to play truth or dare" she says dragging us to a secluded side of the house and to my surprise Ash, Angela, Ashton, Luke and Pamela were already there.

"you guys we have two more players" Nevaeh says and they all look up.

Ashton's POV
I did not want to be here but Luke had forced me to tag along with him, yes I was invited to a party but I didn't know it was Amma's party, her friend just gave me an invite and told me I was invited to a party.