Chapter 13

Amma's POV
We were allowed to freestyle our painting today, so I decided to paint something simple which will fetch me my grade, because I wasn't really that good at painting. Mrs. Morello had said that it might be half of our grade so no one was risking it and we all got to work.

She had told us be at our best behavior since she had to run errands, as she was about to leave, the vice principal comes in with an annoyed looking Ashton, it was obvious that he had been forced to attend the class which he had attended only once.

The vice principal and Mrs. Morello both say some things to each other before the vice principal leaves the class and she turns to face Ashton, "how wonderful of you Mr. Lawson to finally grace us with your presence"
"whatever" he replies rolling his eyes, "just go take a seat, I don't have time for this" she says and leaves the class.

At moment I really wished that there wasn't a vacant seat next to me, I quickly look back at my work to avoid his eyes, the chair beside me shifts, he takes a seat and surprisingly got to work although his facial expression looked like he was in a bad mood.

My phone which was on the small table for painting materials dings, and I checked to see that Jacob was texting me:
Cute J: Feeling bored so I decided 2 text you 😁
Ammie: 🙂, don't worry u will get used 2 it, hw r u texting tho?
He doesn't reply immediately, so I drop my phone on the table
×ding×
Cute J: Being very careful from under the table, wbu?
Ammie: Art teach had errands to run so...
Cute J: Lucky u, it feels like torture, Fishman's really slow btw
Ammie: 😂, just endure a bit more, so do u want see my painting?
Cute J: why not?
Ammie: ×takes a pic×, I'm not done yet tho, pretty right?
Cute J: Yeah, but it can't compare 2 u.
Ammie: 😏, u and ur lines.

I drop my phone on the table, and go rinse my painting brushes so I could add a finishing touch to my painting, I go back to my sit to wait for Mrs. Morello, I wanted to take my phone to resume texting Jacob only for me to see that Ashton was no longer painting but instead scrolling through my phone.

"umm... can I have my phone back" I say coolly even though he was pushing my buttons, "who is cute J?" he asks disregarding my question, "none of your business" as I say this he moves closer to me such that my stool is now tilted and my back is hitting the wall.

"Amma, who is cute J?" he asks demandily, pressing the phone on my thigh, what is his problem?, him saying my name like that scared me but it also made me feel weird, all the confidence I had ran out when I looked at his face, he looked like he was about to strangle me, all for what?

The pain on my thigh was getting worse the longer I kept quiet, Mrs. Morello walks in at that moment but she doesn't notice us quickly cos of how far our seats were, "Ashton, that hurts" I say a bit loudly so that Mrs. Morello can notice how he was abusing me, "Mr. Lawson and Miss Watterson, please behave appropriately this is a class room not a bed room" Mrs. Morello says looking over her glasses.

Of course she was going to think like that, since with our close proximity one would think he was about to kiss me, he finally moves back a little and drops the phone.

A little while later, after I had added my finishing touch (I decided to go with a resin touch), I felt cold murky water on my body, I look up to see Ashton holding the plastic where paint water went to when we rinsed our brushes, I gasp loudly making other students and Mrs Morello look at our side, "oops, my hand slipped" Ashton says smirking.

I was pretty sure I looked like a fish gasping for air right now with the way my mouth was slightly opened, "my goodness Mr Lawson, you better clean this mess and apologize to Mrs. Watterson" Mrs Morello says but he doesn't apologize whatsoever.

"what is your problem?" I say with tears threatening to fall from my eyes while looking at him but he just looks away from me, "go clean your self up, Amma" Mrs Morrello says and I immediately run out of the class.

I sit on the small bench outside the art department after I had rinsed my hair and body. Soon the bell rings signaling for cafeteria break, the sound of footsteps made me get up, I turn around to see Jacob.

"Amma what happened" he asks as he sees my wet shivering form, "um... I had an accident in art class, I'll be fine", "fine?, you are shivering, I'll go get my hoodie" a while later he comes back with a mint colored hoodie and hands it to me, "thanks for letting me borrow your hoodie" I tell him as we start making our way towards the cafeteria.