Chapter 17

Amma's POV
Today, I had to drive myself to school since Ayden was a bit under the weather and mum said he needed to stay at home.
************
Ashton throws me his bag and I catch it with a 'huff', he had stacked his bag with books knowing he wouldn't even attend all the classes.

I had to unpack and arrange everything in his locker, though he had cleared the misunderstanding, more like threatened anyone who spoke of what happened in art class, but I was still grateful.

At least now no one did anything to me except Christiana of course.

"walk me to my first class" he says looking at me, "but I also have to get to class", the bell had rang a few minutes ago, but Ashton wanted me to stay with him outside while he took a smoke.

Ash, Vaeh and Jacob had gone to their classes when I told them about the servant thing, and again they tried to help me but I stopped them, since I was a bit grateful to Ashton.

"walk me to my class, you promised to be my servant remember?" he says putting emphasis on 'my servant' , he drags my hand and pulls me but I quickly remove my hand.

He looks at me with a weird emotion on his face before it was wiped away, "I don't want people to call me names again" I say looking down at my shoes, he doesn't say anything so I quickly walked him to class and ran to mine.

"where have you been miss?" the teacher asks me when I entered the class, I dint have anything to say as standing outside to wait for a boy smoking wasn't a good idea, I was about to lie when he suddenly shouts 'detention!' like I was a mile away.

I silently accept and go sit beside Ash who was patting the sit next to her, I knew Ashton would also get the same punishment so I was a bit satisfied.

Ashton did not attend math class, which was a bit good for me as I did not want to help him with another 'servant work'.

We were making our way to the cafeteria when Ashton's deep voice boomed across the hall, I slowly turned around and told the others to go on without me, thankfully they listened although Ash gave me a look that said if he tries anything tell me, Jacob tried to refuse but Nevaeh dragged him along.

I walk towards Ashton who tells me to follow him to the cafeteria to get his food, I collected his food and mine and was on my way to the popular table, I was trying to balance the trays when I bump into someone and the food content go over him and my butt lands on the floor.

I look up to see Mack, the football captain, he pulls me up by the collar and shouts "are you blind?" in my face, "goodness, I'm so sorry" I quickly say and I try cleaning the food items on his cloth while chanting an 'I'm sorry'.

I look up again to see pure rage in his eyes, and everyone was looking at us now, he was about to hit me while I closed my eyes and waited for the hit but I didn't feel anything.

I open my eyes to see Ashton gripping his hand tightly in a glaring contest, Jacob comes to pull me away with Vaeh and Ash following closely behind.

(Wednesday)
*FLASHBACK TO DETENTION*

I pack my things and headed into the detention class, 'great job Amma, getting detention, hope it doesn't go on your permanent record'.

I sigh and take a seat, after a while the door opens and Ashton comes in with bruised knuckles and a cigarette in his hand, he then takes a seat far from me.

A whole lot of while passed but it wasn't time to go yet, and I realized I couldn't take the tension between Ashton and I any longer since it had been awfully quiet, I had also wondered who he got into a fight with.

"Ashton, are you okay?" I say getting up from my seat and walking over to him, no answer, "it's just you seem a bit quiet" I press on even though I had a feeling to just let it go.

"Oh, I didn't realize we were now besties that I had to say 'hi', everytime I fucking see you" he harshly says, pinning me down with those green eyes, "you do not have to be like that" I tell him, "leave it, Amma" he says looking away from me.

"I can't 'leave' it, also you know you shouldn't smoke its--" I was saying before he gets up, harshly grips my arm and pins me to the wall.

"Look, don't think you and I are friends now, ok?, the only reason I have been talking to you was because you offered to be my servant and you are nothing more than that, a stupid, ugly, worthless servant, so don't get over your fucking head" he says still gripping my arm and for some reason each word he said hurt me a lot.

"ok" I say with tears in my eyes, "but can you let me go, it hurts" I say trying to remove his hand, I mean he hurt me emotionally and physically, and I didn't even know why I was crying.

"Ashton, you are hurting me" he stares at me for a while and returns to his seat and I mirror his actions.

END OF FLASHBACK

Ash,Vaeh and I are at the table discussing about Ashwyra's visit to the dentist, apparently she had a toothache and went to the dentist after school, they then started to make plans for my birthday which was next week.

I was excited for my birthday and I couldn't wait to turn eighteen, "and then we are going to ride on elephants after singing her the birthday song" Vaeh says clapping her hand and grinning like a little girl, "yeah sure" I say playfully rolling my eyes while Ash laughs.