Chapter 19

Jacob's POV
I see Amma being dragged by that guy called Ashton into a classroom, he was never good news so I decided to stay close in case if she was in trouble.

He kinda looked familiar, although I couldn't place a finger on where I met him so I usually just shrug the feeling off.

I later see him coming out of the class with a weird look on his face, Amma also comes out a while later looking a bit sad, did that guy do something to her?, I thought.

When I asked her the other day if he was troubling her or anything, she only said 'no', but it looked like she didn't want to talk about something so I did not push it.

I decided to walk up to her and ask what was wrong but her friends beat me to it so I decided to just text her later on.

Ashton's POV
I did not mean any of the words I said to her during detention, I had to distance myself a bit, I had to avoid her, those feelings, that feeling I didn't want to feel, I had started to feel it.

It made me scared, scared that if I admit those feelings she might not just feel the same away, I kept on thinking about her even when I didn't want to, I didn't know if it was just a mere attraction that would wear off soon or if was something real.

Her voice, her eyes, her hair, her lips, I shake my head refusing to let more of those thoughts in my mind, I really need to get my mind off her, I thought as I couldn't wait to head to the theater room, knowing I had already made plans with Christiana there after lunch.

Amma's POV
The three of us were at the table munching and discussing about our fictional crushes, "mine is definitely gojo from JJK" Vaeh says, "gojo?, I think I like geto better" Ash says smiling.

"what do you think Amma?" Vaeh asks

"I don't know, they are both attractive, buh I could mention a few more"

"hmhm, we're listening"

"there's tengen, really flashy, levi, eren and even kaneki" I say mentioning attractive characters from the few animes I had watched with Ayden and Ayan.

"my goodness, levi and eren are truly eye candies yknaw" Vaeh says

"ikrr, especially uzui" Ash says in a purring sound, mimicking tiger claws, making us laugh a little.
***********************
Ash and I head to the locker room to get changed for our P.E class, today we had basketball practice and since the balls were not enough, I was told by the coach to get some more.

I went out of the class and headed to the theater room, we did not really use that room for class, most of our drama projects are usually presented in class, but we kept a few materials in its basement.

Finally getting into the basement, it was a bit dark so I felt around the wall for the light switch, after what seemed like 10 minutes I finally found it, not before tripping on a few stuffs.

That would have been so much easier if I had my phone though, I thought finally grabbing the two extra basket balls needed.

I was about to leave when I hear, "mhm... Ashton", that voice it belonged to Christiana and did she say, Ashton?

My heart sank a little and even though this not the first time he did this with another girl, it still hurt.

I muster up some courage to finally go  out so I opened the door and tried to quietly close it again once I had stepped out but I failed as the door makes a 'creak' sound.

My head snaps towards them to see that his face was no longer in the crook of her neck but they were now both looking at me, "erm... I didn't mean to disturb you" I say as my eyes meet Ashton's, Christiana doesn't even care as she just tugs his arm to let them continue with what they had been doing, although his eyes still doesn't leave mine.

I quickly walk out of the room with the balls in my hand and returned to P.E class.
********
Today was Friday, I hadn't really seen Ashton in school after Monday which I honestly did not mind because my birthday is tomorrow.

Nevaeh and Ash had passed out invitations and everything was going to plan, I just really hope nothing spoils it though.

I did not tell Ash and Vaeh about Monday since it hurt just thinking about it, I was munching on oreos on my bed when I get a text from the group:
Purple Vaeh: Amma
Ammie: Yeah
Purple Vaeh: Is it 2 late 2 mention dt I might hv kinda invited Ashton 2 ur birthday party? 😞
Ammie: what?, why?, when?
Purple Vaeh: well, when u told us 'bout ur feelings, nd seeing d way he fought w Mack for trying 2 hit you, nd after dt detention incident I wanted u both to communicate.
Ammie: he did not fight with Mack for me, also he was supposed to help, he wanted me to get his food remember?
Ashy: u hv a point Amma, but just give this whole thing a chance.
Ammie: no, u don't understand, it's more than that
Ashy: it is? Did he do smtn to hurt u?
Ammie: never mind
Purple Vaeh: do u think we can tell him 2 not bother coming?
Ammie: no, I don't want 2 seem rude, also he might not even come since it's not Christiana's bday
Purple Vaeh: don't say that, I hv a feeling he is getting to like you
Ashy: maybe that is his way of showing it
Ammie: by being mean? I don't think so, I know u guys r trying to cheer me up but it's fyn really, Idc if he comes.

I drop my phone and sigh, after all that happened, that familiar little part of me still wanted him to come, I just hope uninvited guest don't show up at my party like last year, I lay on my bed and drift off to sleep.