Summer Before Senior Year- 1

Chapter 45

It's finally summer vacation and I am ready to party it up. I turned twenty-one about a week ago and I can't wait to use it to my advantage. I spent my birthday weekend with friends from back home bar crawling and now it's time for my first music festival experience.

A bunch of my volleyball teammates decided to get tickets to this four day country music festival and I decided to join in on the fun. I'm not a huge country music fan, but I can sing along to a few songs.

It just so happens that a bunch of guys from the football team will also be going to this music festival. They'll be staying on property though. They've rented out a campsite and will be bringing some trucks and trailers for them to sleep in at night. Us girls didn't want to spend four days out in the mud without a proper shower, so we'll be staying at a hotel down the road.

The morning of the first day, I'm in my room packing up a few last minute necessities. I've got enough jean shorts to last me all four days as well as some cute crop tops and a tank top or two. I also remembered to pack plenty of sunscreen because the sun does not discriminate when you're having a good time.

I look over my bags to make sure I'm all set then head out the door. It's only an hour drive from my house, so I'll be meeting the girls there. Most of them have longer drives than I do.

Most of the girls I'm going with are younger teammates, so I'll be the one doing the beer runs this weekend. It doesn't matter to me honestly. I'm not planning on drinking too much since we have to drive to the hotel each night. Someone has to be responsible.

The energy is electric when I get to the hotel. Almost everyone staying here is going to the festival and it's cowboy hats and boots as far as the eye can see. I wasn't going to go out and buy myself new boots and a hat for one weekend of pretending I'm country. It just didn't seem worth it to me. To each their own though.

I make it up to the room and meet up with my teammates who I'll be rooming with for the weekend. Margo, Shelby, and Leah are all there getting themselves ready for the first day of concerts.

"There you are, Ava! We've been waiting for hours," Margo sighs dramatically.

"Don't lie to me. You've only been here for thirty minutes."

"Well, it felt like hours without any booze," Leah winks at me.

"Ah, I see. That's all I'm good for now that I'm twenty-one," I joke.

The girls all protest, but I know they secretly roomed with me because they know I'll do the beer run.

I went around collecting money from everyone before I made my way back to my car. I drove a few minutes down the road to the liquor mart and picked out all the necessities for the weekend. I grabbed two thirty racks of beer, a bottle of vodka, and a bottle of tequila. I added some chasers to the cart and made my way over to the checkout. The lady checking out my items gave me a dirty look, but I paid her no mind. She knows I'm not drinking this all myself. She just can't do anything about it. I proudly show her my shiny new ID before paying and then I haul all the alcohol to my car.

The girls come down to help unload everything and then we set up the bathtub as a makeshift cooler with ice from the ice machine. I start getting ready while the girls start to pregame. I throw on some of my distressed jean shorts and pick a conservative tank top for the first day. I'll go a little crazier as the days go on I'm sure. I throw my hair up in a messy bun and do up my face with a little bit of makeup. I check myself over in the mirror one last time and rally the girls to head out.