Spring Freshman Year- 1

Chapter 12

Everything is going smoothly as my second semester of college moves along. I've met a few people in my classes and gotten a little bit better at talking to guys thanks to our frat friends. Off season volleyball workouts are murder, but they do the job at keeping me in shape. Clarissa, Lizzy, and I have been becoming closer and I would definitely consider them my best friends on campus now. We've been hanging out at the frat house a lot and have gotten to know most of the guys. Things seem to be looking up for me.

~~~

It's Friday night and we have plans to go chill at the frat house with the guys. Nobody felt like throwing a party, so we're having a movie night in one of the common rooms. Since it's a casual night, we decide not to get dressed up and head over in our sweats and sweatshirts. The guys know us pretty well so far and this isn't anything they haven't seen before.

It's cold out and the walk across campus is brutal. We hustle down the hill towards our destination and see Jeff waiting for us by the door.

"Let's go ladies!" he calls out to us. "Sam is about to eat all the pizza."

Once we hear pizza, we really start to move.

We reach the door and Jeff greets us warmly. He saves Clarissa for last though and gives her a small peck on the lips. They're not officially dating per se, but there's definitely something going on between the two of them.

We know our way up to where we're meeting the boys, so we head up without Jeff and Clarissa. They're just taking too long.

We walk into the room and greet the usual suspects. This time there's a couple other girls here. They're mostly girlfriends of some of the frat guys. They don't tend to invite random girls to movie nights because sometimes they need a break too.

Lizzy and I find an empty couch and snuggle up under some blankets. This is one of the places on campus I feel most comfortable.

A minute or so later, Jeff and Clarissa walk into the room hand in hand and find their place on a small loveseat. More room for Lizzy and I to stretch out then.

"Where's Theo?" one of the guys calls out. "He's supposed to bring the movies."

I've never heard of or seen Theo before, but the guys have mentioned him a few times.

"He's on the phone with his sister. He'll be in in a few," Sam answers him.

We spend our time waiting, eating pizza and breadsticks and catching up on the time since our last hang out.

Suddenly I hear footsteps pounding down the hallway and I look up to see the most beautiful blue eyes I'd ever seen. So this must be Theo.

"Sorry I'm late guys...and ladies," he says looking towards Lizzy and I.

Damn it. He's probably looking at Lizzy, not me. Such is my life.

We both happen to be the only single girls in the room and I suddenly realize the only empty seat is next to me on the couch. As Theo puts the DVD into the player, I psych myself up for the idea that Theo is probably going to sit next to me. My stranger alarm is going off, but the cute guy alarm is equally as loud. I can't get over those eyes. His face is well defined. His jaw almost seems too strong. He looks to be at least six feet tall and has a slim build. Normally that could be a turn off for me, but I'm just so drawn to him.

As expected, once the movie is starting up, Theo makes his way in our direction. He greets a few of the guys on his way over and I try to steady my breathing. He's just a guy. Nothing special. I can be cool. I'm so cool. I tell myself all of this until finally he stops in front of me.