Fall Junior Year- 1

Chapter 35

I've been in a dry spell ever since getting back from Spain. I miss David, but I understand that we couldn't last. We talked briefly for a week or so after we got back, but life picked up and we drifted apart.

I haven't heard from him in a month or so and I'm okay with it. No use holding onto someone who there's no future with.

Our first home game is tonight and as always, we dress up during the day when we go to classes. I pick out a short black skirt and a white crop top. I blow dry my hair so it falls in soft waves around my face and pick out a pair of heeled boots to finish the outfit. It may be a ploy to get people to come to our games, but I have to admit it works. Lots of people in class ask why I'm so dressed up and I tell them to come to our game.

As I'm walking back to my dorm with Clarissa, I spot Theo in the distance heading in our direction. I haven't seen him in months and I can't deny the fact that he looks good. It looks like he's filled out more. Maybe he's been spending some time at the gym. I shake my head clearing it though. I'm not going back to him. He couldn't get over the fact that I have guy friends and that just won't work for me.

I give Clarissa a pointed look and she catches the hint. We both start to talk and laugh as Theo gets closer and closer. I can feel him looking me up and down and it stirs up a warmth within me that I haven't felt for a while. He's not worth it, I keep telling myself.

Finally Theo passes us and I hear him let out a heavy sigh as he curses under his breath. Honestly it feels good to know I've still got it.

We kill the competition at our first game but I still feel like something is missing. I watch all the girls meet their guys or friends after the game and I realize that no one has come to a game for me in a long time, not since Cody came to my game last year, and that was the only time someone was here for me. Theo was never in the picture during volleyball season. I don't have any friends outside of volleyball, so it's just me walking back to the locker room while everyone else celebrates our win. I want someone to stand in the bleachers cheering my name and celebrating my successes. Is that so much to ask for?

It's finally the weekend, so it's time to have some fun. We're hosting a party with the team and our friends in the dorms since most of us aren't twenty-one yet. I decide to let loose tonight and end up drinking an entire family sized bottle of wine to myself over the course of a couple hours. Nothing like drowning your own misery...literally.

I am feeling the buzz as I shake my hips on the makeshift dance floor. People are dancing all around me while others play beer pong in the other room.

I'm off in my own little world when suddenly I feel hands wrap around my waist and my back is pressed against a hard front. I'm too drunk to care who it is and I start to roll my hips against them. His hands dig into my sides as he traces the band of skin where my shirt's ridden up.

I run my fingers through my hair as I arch my back to press further against him. His hips jerk against me and I smile knowing I've got him in my clutches. Drunk me is apparently very horny this year. I guess that's what happens when I gain a bit of confidence over the summer.

I grab the guy's hands and raise them up over my head before bringing them down to trace from my neck, between my breasts, and down to my hips again. He groans behind me and I decide to turn around and introduce myself.

When I turn around, I realize I've never seen this guy before. He's tall and fit with blonde hair. We're mostly partying with the baseball team tonight, so I assume he's one of them. I don't waste my time worrying about it before I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him into a kiss. He's a bit inexperienced, which surprises me, but doesn't slow me down in the slightest.