Chapter eighteen

With everything seeming perfect, the sun was shining warm and bright with everyone hanging out at the bottom of a hill with a small canopy of trees, the sun shining through the leaves in some spots. Aster played as he sat on the side of the hill with Cream and Charmy, the latter of the two bombarding him with questions. Cream and Cheese just giggled while Charmy flew by the wolf pup's head, spooking him a bit.

A small caterpillar dropped down in-between Aster's eyes, making him scream and fall backwards. "You, ok?" Cream asked, while giggling and helping him up. Aster spoke in a nervous manner, "Yeah, thanks." The pup looked at the caterpillar that was now on his shoulder and gently picked it up.

The young wolf placed the caterpillar on a flower, watching it closely with wonder. Tails and Sonic watched from a picnic bench not to far away, a bright smile on Tails' face as he watched his friends getting along. "That was crazy wasn't it?" Sonic asked as he leaded back against the table. "I guess?" Tails said as he sat up straight, "It was really weird how suddenly this place is back to normal."

"Or how it even got like that in the first place," Sonic added to their statement, "and what Eggman said, how it's a world between worlds?" "Yeah... Good point." Tails pondered. "I'm starting to think we don't even know Aster's full powers." The blue hedgehog said with a stern look on his face. "I know he can feel people's emotions," The twin tailed fox explained, "and in the Star Light dimension he was able to make those platforms."

"And suddenly he can fly without Mene, which we thought was not possible, right?" Sonic cut in. "Yeah.." Tails said quietly before trailing off. Sonic slouched over, "I'm just saying it seems a little off, that's all." "I know."

The young fox looked up from their seat, watching as Aster talked with Charmy and Cream. "So, you're friends with Tails!?" Charmy asked as he flew above the wolf. "Yeah, they're really amazing." Aster replied calmed. Tails eyes shot open, "H-how, I never told him!?" The fox studdered. Sonic started to laugh, Tails smiling and giggling along.

"Hey, Tails!!" Aster's voice called out, Tails quickly looking up. The gray wolf pup waved, "Do you want to come play with us?" He asked. Tails smiled before looking to Sonic who nodded. The fox jumped over the table and started to run over to his friends, Sonic watching closely, his gaze turning into a glare once Tails had left. "What are you?" He whispered coldly as he glared towards Aster.

The end.

~-------------------------------------~

Please vote and comment your thoughts and feedback.

~-------------------------------------~