Chapter fifthteen

Tails kneeled on the ground, tears falling from his face onto the ground, sobbing escaping his mouth quietly. "Tails?..." Sonic asked quietly from where he stood, taking a step forward while still giving his little buddy some space. "I failed, Sonic." Tails said inbetween a bit of hyperventilating. "You won't fail though." Aster said expressionless, "You'll figure out a way, I'm sure of it."

Flashback.

Tails picked up a rock as it moved on a conveyor belt, examining the sapphire like stone as it reflected the moon light like a twinkling diamond. It was shaped like a flame almost, sharp tips at the top and a rounded base like it had been chipped out from a larger rock. Tails glanced over at the containment unit, it seemed to glow a dark dim bluish purple similar to the energy flowing through the tubes. The fox set the rock down on a small table as he began to walk towards the odd sight.

End of flashback.

The young fox gasped loudly as he quickly looked up, the tears haven left their marks. He wiped away the tears that had formed in his eyes. "That's it!!" Tails smiled at themself before quickly standing up and starting to run out of the room. "TAILS!!" Sonic called out. "I know how to get back!!" The yellow fox called out as he started to run down the hall.

All the others began to follow him, soon finding themselves in the room Tails and Aster found Mene. "What is this place?" Silver asked while he took a few steps inside. "Another one of egghead's labs." Tails explained while grabbing the odd rock, "And I think this can get us back to the Star Light dimension."

"It's a rock." Blaze said skeptically. "A shiny rock." Rouge said, greed practically drooling from her mouth as she stared at the rock. "I think this stone might have been made using Mene's energy!" Tails said as he walked over to some tech in the walls. "And Mene was how we got there." Aster said, finishing the fox's thoughts.

"Exactly!" Tails said with a smirk before ribbing out parts of the wall. "What are you doing?" Amy asked flabbergasted. "Eggman's walls are full of tech panels and supplies," Tails said as he set the technology panels on the ground and took out a screwdriver, "I should be able to use it to make some kind of make-shift portal along with the stone."

The ground suddenly shook again, causing some of to trip and slam into the walls. "Well, maybe you should hurry up!!" Knuckles said as he held on tightly to the doorway. Tails put together a sloppy looking gadget and stood up with it in their hands before placing the rock in a slot placed on the top.

"TAILS!!" Sonic yelled. "I nearly finished it! I just need to cal-" "CALIBRATE LATER!!!" Shadow cut the fox off. Tails gulped and took a few steps back, nearly tripping from the shaking ground. Tears of stress filled the fox's eyes as he lifted up the heavy machine, he sent out the blast, causing him to nearly fall backwards.

A portal opened up in front of Tails, the fox's eyes widened with hope as they looked into the space like world. "I did it!!!" Tails exclaimed happily, "I really did it..." "Let's go!!" Sonic said, grabbing onto Shadow's wrist and pulling him inside the portal with himself. 

The rest soon followed inside, all but Aster who ran towards them. Right as the wolf was about to step inside a lava geyser blasted but behind him, catching his attention instead. The lava reflected within the gray wolf pup's bright yellow eyes, turning them a swirling rainbow as he silently gasped.

"ASTER!" Tails quickly grabbed Aster by the wrist and pulled him through the gateway before the lava could harm him, his eyes turning back to normal. The fox and wolf fell onto the star platform's surface with a thud, Aster accidentally falling a top Tails. The portal closes behind them, each of the mobians breathing heavily. 

~-------------------------------------~

Please vote and comment your thoughts and feedback.

~-------------------------------------~