Chapter seven

It was the next morning, the sun was fairly high, and a cold wind blew. Tails and Aster walked through the forest, the yellow fox shivering every now and then. "It's cold here." Tails said as they walked, looking around with his arms around themself. Aster nodded.

A flicky flew from tree to tree as it followed the two, tiny critters jumping across their trail into the bushes on the other side of the path. "Adorable little creatures, aren't there?" Tails said with a smile.

Suddenly they're peaceful walk was interrupted by Aster stepping with a crunch. Both of them quickly looked down, the young wolf pups' shoe was in some crunchy snow. The two quickly looked it up just as fast as they looked down, finding themselves at the base of a gigantic snow-covered mountain.

"Well, that explains the cold wind..." Tails said, trailing off as he pondered a bit, "It's a large change in climate though." The young wolf pups' ears perked up, quickly looking at the fox with a confused look matched with a small glare. Tails looked around, not knowing of Aster's current expression towards them, he soon spotted two planks of bark resting on the ground near.

An idea sparked in the fox's head, their expression quickly turning to a sly yet adventurous smirk.

★★★★

There was a vast and large mountain range, white snow covering every single peak. It was desolate and barren, the entire ground covered with Icey snow. It was a beautiful sight, especially if you had come prepared.

"Are you sure about this, Tails?"

Huh!? Oh right, I forgot about those two!! SONIC!! *Sonic makes rewind noises*

The two kids stood atop the first mountain peak, each of them holding a large slab of bark by their side.

Ahhh, much better.

"Yes, I'm positive!!" The yellow furred fox replied, not a doubt in the world. "Have you ever even...." "It's called snowboarding." "Thank you. Have you ever even gone snowboarding!?" "No, but I've seen Sonic do it!" The fox put their piece of bark on the ground, putting one foot on it so it wouldn't slide away.

Aster looked over the edge, the mountain was several miles high, and he would easily splat into a pancake upon falling from this height. The pup gulped. "Ok." He trembled quietly yet put all of his trust into Tails. He took a quick deep breath and set the board down, "I trust you."

"Good! Now let's do this!" The fox fully hopped on their own board, steadying himself. "On my count, ok, Aster?" Tails smiled. The seven-year-old wolf pup gave them a thumbs up, standing on his board, it wobbling back and forth a bit. "Ok! One... Two... THREE!!!"

Tails was the first to go down, Aster following him several moments after. "WOOOO!!!" Tails put his hands in the air, having seemingly the best time his life. Aster was quick to catch up with the fox, his board still wobbling back and forth as Tails continue to go steadily.

"You got this, ok!?!" Tails said nearly shouting so Aster could hear him. "ALRIGHT!!" Aster responded a bit louder as he was wobbling back and forth, throwing his arms around in a circular pattern as he tried to balance.

Bits of snow hit Aster face, causing his eyes to close. The board got wobblier, Tails eyes locked onto it, Aster then hit a large pile of snow causing his bored and himself to go flying. "AHHH!!" "ASTER!!!!"

The flying fox began to rotate his Tails like a helicopter, propelling is bored forward faster. Aster landed at the bottom of the mountain, completely unscathed and his bored slowly stopping next to him as his face was completely blank and somewhat traumatized. Tails soon caught up and stopped, sending a few bits of snow flying off.

The fox jumped off his board and ran over his friend, "Are you ok!?" He asked. A big pile of snow fell upon the sitting wolf, Tails laughed a bit before dusting off the snow. "I'll take that as a yes." He said, helping his friend up.

"I did not like that. " Aster said blankly. "Yeah, probably not. But hey!! It was fun right? Keep trying and you'll get really good, I promise!!" Tails smiled. "Ok." The fox's newfound companion responded. "SEE!? That's the spirit!!" Tails put his hand up for a high-five, the wolf just stared at him blankly confused.

After a moment of awkwardness Tails grabbed the wolf's wrist gently and gave himself a high five with it. "Yeah... " He said in a proud yet weird-ish tone. "Come on let's go!!" The twin tailed fox grabbed his board and began to run off, Aster quickly grabbing his board and following.

                                                 ★★★★

The two of them had been traveling for nearly all day now, unbeknownst to them they were nearing the end of the mountain range. The energetic Fox ran up the mountain, edging on his friend follow, "Come on!! Last one there's a rotten Eggman!!" "What's an Eggman?" Aster asked as he walked up the snow-covered mountain.

"Oh, I never mentioned him, did I? He's basically this really mean guy who likes to attack me and my friends." Tails responded, flying backwards with their tails, board in hands. "Why would he want to do that?" "I don't know, he wants to take over the world and stuff so Sonic decided to stop him!! After that he met me and kind of raised me, like I said he's like my big brother, I don't know where I'd be without him."

"Y'know, I've asked about your friends, but I never really asked about what you." Aster said, curiosity sparkling in his eyes, "What can you do?" "Oh." Tails thought for a moment, no one had really ever asked about him, "Well I'm really smart, and as you can see, I can fly with my tails, Sonic calls them a butt copter." He said with a chuckle as he landed next to Aster.

"Sonic sounds really cool the way you talk about him." The Mobin wolf said. "He is!" Tails spoke with excitement, "I promise once you meet him, he'll love you!! All my friends will!!" "I hope so."

They made it to the top of the mountain, the sun setting over Green Hills at last. "Home..." Tails said, a sad smile drifting on his face. The sky along with the beautiful ocean not too far off was a beautiful Orange, the sun setting over the horizon. "That's your home?" Aster asked. "Yeah! I'll tell you all about it!" Tails said, "but right now we need to find my friends!"

~-------------------------------------~

Please vote and comment your thoughts and feedback.

~-------------------------------------~