Chapter five

Amy, Rouge, and Blaze hopped from star to star, well, Rouge flew. The gravity was a bit lower than it usually was, so they fell slowly with each jump they took, Amy finally landed on a platform and sighed. "All this jumping has me beat!" The pink hedgehog crossed her arms. "Well, what do you suggest?" Blaze said as she landed, her tone full of worry and a bit of guilt.

"We need to find the boys, pronto!" Rouge flew above them with a flat expression before gaining a smirk, "Although, I could always go ahead while you two rested~?" "We're good!!" Blaze said, hastily. "Speak for yourself." Amy said, not getting what the albino was implying. Rouge smirked as blaze was sent into a panic,

A loud bellow filled the air, it echoed loudly acrossed the open space. "What the-?!" Blaze spoke, looking around quickly. A large whale flew past them, it looked like a galaxy with stars and swirls of pink, purple, and blue and was roughly ten times the size of a normal whale.

"Woah..." The whale slowly flew past them, its tail moving up and down as the girls stared in shock. "How is this thing here?" Amy asked, "What is it?!" "I don't know." Blaze responded, still captivated by the whale. "IT'S GORGEOUS!!" Rouge said with stars in her eyes as the whale reflected in them.

A school of small light blue goldfish flew to the girls, swimming around them and making noises like a child's giggling. The goldfish were about the size of their hands and had large eyes, the majority of the school having yellow although one of them had a pair of pink eyes. The small fishes flew around the girls, trails of blue mist following them like a comet.

"Woah!" The pink hedgehog giggled and petted one of the goldfish whose eyes went wide, causing Amy to giggle again. Blaze and Rouge laughed, the cat's eyes filling with love and admiration as she looked at the pink hedgehog. A couple of the goldfish began to push each other around, trying to get more pets from Amy.

All of them laughed, Blaze looking around in a somewhat worried and distant way. Towards the bat who flew above the other girls, two of the yellow eyed goldfish fought, pushing each other around. A pink eyed one flew past the other two whose eyes followed her, one began to fly after her but the second bit his tail and pulled him back, whacking his head with his fin.

Rouge laughed, "Looks like these little guys have some drama." She smirked.  "They're adorable!!" Amy said, petting the little fished. The whale from prior let out a bellowing roar, the girls quickly looked in its direction and the goldfish began to fly off, a few stopping and gesturing for them to follow.

"I think they want us to follow!" Amy exclaimed joyously, "Let's go!" "Wait, Amy-!" Blaze sighed as the pink hedgehog had already started jumping away. Blaze and Rouge soon followed the other, following the goldfish onto the whale's fin. 

Blaze stubbled a bit once she landed, somewhat falling into Amy. "Uh s-sorry." Blaze studded, quickly taking a step back and brushing off her dress, blushing. "It's ok!" Amy said happily, unaware of Blaze being flustered. The whale looked back at them and roared softly. Rouge laughed a bit and got an idea, "Hey, could you.... help us?"

★★★★

Silver, Knuckles, and Sonic, jumped from platform to platform, the blue hedgehog tripping with nearly every step. "Agh! I hate not being able to run fast!" Sonic groaned as he jumped and tripped once again. "I'm sure we'll figure something out." Silver reassured the blue hedgehog calmly, "Once we find the girls and Miles we can get out of here." Sonic's ears perked up once Silver had said 'Miles' he knew nobody else knew how much Tails hated being called that but at the same time he wasn't there.

"Yeah... Find Tails and the girls then we find a way out of here." Sonic said a bit coldly. Knuckles smiled, "SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN!!!" "Definitely." Silver chimed in calmly, "But...how are we going to find them?" "YOU BOYS NEED A RIDE?!" They heard a voice call out; it was Rouge. They quickly looked towards the sound of the voice, spotting Rouge, Amy, and Blaze on the fin of a gigantic whale that was quickly flying down towards them.

"AMY?!" Sonic called out in dismay, "ROUGE, BLAZE!!!" The whale slowed to a stop near the platform the boys were on, Amy was the first one to jump off, immediately hugging Sonic tightly. "YOU'RE OK!!" The pink hedgehog exclaimed. "Of course I am!" Sonic responded.  "Miss me~?" Rouge asked, leaning towards Knuckles. "Keep dreaming, bat." The red echidna responded, crossing his arms. 

"Silver." Blaze smiled and was about to bow but silver hugged her tightly. "I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE ALRIGHT!!" He exclaimed, hugging her as he blushed. Blaze sighed, "Me too, Silv." She smiled. "COME ON!!" Amy said happily, grabbing Sonic's wrist and pulling him towards the whale. "Woah, Ames, slow down!" Sonic said as he was being pulled by the pink hedgehog.

Blaze laughed a bit, before looking at Silver. "Have you noticed... anything... odd?" She asked the white hedgehog, quietly. "Yeah, actually, " He responded, "None of our powers are working." "What?!" Rouge asked. Blaze looked extremely worried and afraid although, thankfully, no one really noticed except Silver who was standing next to her.

"Yeah, I can't even run fast." Sonic said, standing on the whale's fin next to Amy. " That's horrible!" Amy said worried. Silver said nothing, just watching Blaze with worry and concern in his eyes. "Wait! Where's Tails?!" Sonic asked, looking around in a panic. "We thought he was with you, blue." Rouge said, gesturing her hand towards the blue hedgehog. "Well, we thought he was with you!" Sonic responded.

"Ok so our powers aren't working, Tails is nowhere to be seen, and we're lost in this strange space world!" Sonic said frustrated as he rubbed his temple. Rouge sighed, "I'm sure he's somewhere, plus Tails is a genius, he'll be fine."  She said, trying to reassure the blue hedgehog although.... she was quite worried herself.

"Ok." Sonic said sadly. The whale bellowed, gesturing its fin for the rest of the gang to get on. "Remind me how you found a space whale." Silver said to Blaze who giggled. "It's a long story." Blaze said as she pulled Silver onto the whale's fin. Knuckles and Rouge soon joined the others, the tiny goldfish swimming around everyone through the air.

"Woah!" Silver said, watching the goldfish with awe. "They're adorable, aren't they?!" Amy said happily. "Definitely..." Blaze said before trailing off. "Are you ok, hu-?!" Rouge was cut off by the flying whale quickly zooming upwards, causing everyone to lose balance.

"AHH!!" All of them grabbed onto the fin, Sonic holding onto Amy. Blaze watched the two hedgehogs, her eyes going sad and blue, she felt like her heart snapped in half, she wasn't jealous though.... was she?

The whale soon entered a nebula, slowing down. The area around the gang was full of stardust, mountains of it instead or star platforms, and tones of different kinds of fish flying with a multitude of different colors.

"Oh..... My..... chaos." Sonic whispered to himself, stunned by the beauty. The little goldfish giggled at Sonic and co as their eyes were full of wonder as they lay on the whale's fin, except for Blaze, she was just sad. Above the whale, a gigantic dragon flew above them, before quickly flying down and passing them. The dragon was lager then the whale somehow, seeming like the Chinese dragons Tails had talked about in their rants occasionally from their time at station square. It had deep blue scales with stars scattered around it and sharp claws and teeth made out of gold.

"WOAH!!" "Is that a dragon?!" Silver exclaimed. "I think so." Blaze finally spoke. The little school of goldfish flew off of the whale's fin, the others getting up and following, jumping from fish to fish before grabbing on to one of the stardust mounds and pulling themselves up, Sonic helping the pink hedgehog. All of them sat on the edge, breathing heavily with wonder and exhaustion. 

"I... I suggest we rest here for the time being." Blaze said with a slight pause, "After that hopefully we can fine Tails. I mean, this place doesn't look too dangerous." "ALIGHT!!" Amy smiled, "I'm with you, Blaze," She put her hand on Blaze's shoulder and looked into her eyes, "always."

 ~-------------------------------------~

 Please vote and comment your thoughts and feedback.

~-------------------------------------~