Chapter nine

Sonic and the others were hanging out on the mountain of star dust, the blue hedgehog laying on the ground as the others played with the 'galactic goldfish' as Amy had named them. "..... Someone doesn't know what a chili dog is." Sonic said out of nowhere. "What." Knuckles asked with pure confusion as Rouge, Silver, and Blaze just looked at him like flabbergasted. 

They heard grunts, their heads quickly turning towards the noise. Tails and Aster climbed up the side of another mound, the young wolf holding Mene in his arms. "TAILS!!" The gang exclaimed. 

Sonic was the first one to make it over to Tails, jumping off of a few fish and hugging them. "YOU'RE OK!!!" The blue hedgehog exclaimed as he hugged Tails. "Sonic!!" Tails smiled. Everyone else soon made it over and hugged the fox, all the goldfish swimming over to Aster and nuzzling up against him and Mene. 

All of them looked up at the wolf pup. "Who's your new friend?" Sonic asked. "Oh this is Aster!" Tails said with a bright smile, the young pup quietly counting all the goldfish. All the tiny goldfish swam happily, making little giggling noises. Aster turned his attention to the others for a moment and waved before continuing to quietly count.

"Thirteen, fourteen, fifteen!" He whispered quiet, "Phew." "Hello there." Sonic said with a bright smile and kneeled down to the wolf pup. "Uh hi." Aster said shyly causing Mene to glare. "I'm Sonic the hedgehog, who are you two?" "I'm Aster and this is Mene, they're my friend."

"Awww they're adorable!!" Amy said happily. Tails eyes beamed with hope, maybe they will still like me! Their thoughts were interrupted by a loud explosion in the distance. "Huh!?" All of them snapped their heads towards the noise, all the small goldfish swimming off making noises of fear.

"Oh no! It's ok!" Aster called out to the fish in worry. "What's wrong?" Amy asked. "I'm supposed to help them." Aster explained, "Me and Mene help take care of them as hatchlings until the guardian can take them here, we typically come with them on the migration but..."

"You were with me, huh?" Tails asked. "Yeah..." Aster whispered in response. "The guardian must be that whale!" Blaze said. "You're right!" Amy smiled, "You're really smart, you know that right?" The pink hedgehog said with a smirk, causing Blaze to blush a bit. 

"Come on!" Sonic exclaimed, "We need to find out what that noise was!!" "I agree, blue." Rouge smirked and elbowed Knuckles.

★★★★

Sonic and the others jumped on to a star platform, they had ran for a few minutes in search for the explosion. Tails stubbled a bit, his eyes going wide at the near by sight. "I don't see anything!!" Sonic said with his hand to his forehead.

"Uh Sonic?" Tails asked, slowly turning to his friends. A ginormous space station floated in a large clearing, made out of a silver metal with the center a huge spinning top shape with a ring around it. The whole thing was surrounded by two rings, one vertical and one horizontal, connected to the center base. Every part of it seeming full of technology as yellow energy courses through it, badnicks flying around. 

"Egghead." All of the others send in unison, beside Tails and Aster who just stood there confused and Mene in his arms. The young wolf pup gulped, he remembered what Tails had said about 'Egghead' and it terrified him. 

"Come on! Let's go!" Sonic cheered. "How are we going to get in there without our powers?" Blaze raised her eyebrow. "Oh, right... " Sonic trailed off. "Well, me and Rouge can fly, " Tails began, a bit skeptical of themself, "and I took a few gadgets from Eggman's lair, Aster and Mene have powers still, and Amy has her terror cards." With his last words a bit of hope simmered in their smile.