Chapter eight

The moon was high, reflecting over the dark ocean as the night crept in. On the metal dock over the ocean badnicks patrolled Eggmans base. The dock was a dark gray due to the lighting, large pillars to keep it up from the bottom with bits of red on them, everything made out of a metal including the large building that was the doctors base.

The dock was full of metal crates scattered about. "He really doesn't keep this place tidey, does he?" One voice asked. "Shhh!" Another responded. The robots all stopped in place, listening closely as the area around them was silent. A flicky landed on one of the pillars and made a little chirping noise, one of the robots shot it with a laser causing it to disintegrate in place before all of them returning to their normal patrol.

"Phew." Tails said quietly as him and Aster hid behind one of the crates, "You have to be really quiet okay?" "Ok, sorry." Aster whispered, feeling a bit upset. Tails smiled and spoke quietly, "It's ok, I just don't want you getting hurt." The fox peaked over the metal crate and spotted the entrance to the inside of Eggman's lair, although there were many badnicks patrolling the entrance. 

"Hmm... We need to get to that door other there." Tails whispered, "If only I had my gadgets." "We could sneak in?" The pup suggested quietly. "But how...?" Tails looked around, quickly coming up with a plan and chucking a small pebble at one of the metal pillars.

All the robots quickly flew over to where the sound was, leaving the entrance unguarded. Tails and Aster quickly and quietly snuck inside, the guards soon after returning to their posts. "Ok now we just need to find where Eggman's machine is." The twin tailed fox whispered.

The two of them quietly snuck through the halls of Eggman's lair, the hallways thin with the occasional robot guarding. There were several different rooms off to the sides and strange glowing tubes running across the ground. Tails stepped over one, their eyes locking on with curiosity before quickly continuing to search for the strange portal like machine. 

Tails peeked into one of the rooms, quickly spotting the same lab where he and their friends fought Dr. Robotnik. "Here it is!" The yellow furred fox whispered, quickly walking inside as the Mobian wolf pup followed. The room was just like before, dark and a mess, the portal like machine glowing a luminescent purple with glowing tube-like wires on the ground and base.

"Hm.." Tails picked up one of the tubes, a strange energy running through it seeming to come from outside. Aster looked around, tapping a couple beakers on a table and kicking a few gadgets. It was like nothing he's ever seen before, yet he remained seemingly emotionless. 

Tails had begun to follow the energy, walking outside into the hallway and following the tubes along the hallway ground. They led them to another room; it was dark yet there was a large containment unit below an opening that let the moonlight shine in. It was a large, long table on the other side of the room, it was like a conveyor belt and strange rocks were on it as it moved across the room.

Tails picked up one of the rocks, examining the sapphire like stone as it reflected the moon light like a twinkling diamond. It was shaped like a flame almost, sharp tips at the top and a rounded base like it had been chipped out from a larger rock. Tails glanced over at the containment unit, it seemed to glow a dark dim bluish purple similar to the energy flowing through the tubes.

The fox set the rock down on a small table as he began to walk towards the odd sight. He stepped up onto the base, it had the pipes on it similar to the portal like gadget along with a few buttons Tails made sure not to step on. Inside of the strange machine was a creature, it was about the size of a teddy bear and seemed almost humanoid, it was a dark indigo like color with a long arms and stubby legs, its eyes were large and white that were shaped like crescent moons.

The creature had pointy ears a top its head along with two spikes on the sides, it floated in the middle of the containment unit, spinning in a circle as stars and mist flew down from its arms. "Woah..." The fox whispered in amazement.

Aster peaked into the room, quickly spotting Tails and the creature. "Mene (min)!" The young pup exclaimed quietly, quickly running over to Tails. "Mene?" The fox tilted his head and whispered. Aster put his hand on the glass, the creature doing the same, Tails eyes went to Aster's shoes as he began to almost hover in the air. 

"They're my friend." Aster explained quietly. "Are you... Flying?" Tails asked with a whisper. "Oh, uh yeah, I can fly but only with Mene." The pup said shyly, "Sorry I forgot to mention it." "That's ok." Tails smiled, "I just need a second to get them out of there, ok?" "Ok."

Tails quickly bent down and began to examine the wiring and buttons, hoping to get Mene out of the machine. They pulled out a few wires and it opened up, the small creature quickly flying into Aster's arms and sending him a bit backwards. Tails smiled, "Come on, let's find my friends!" He whispered and began to walk, the wolf pup landing on the ground and holding the small, odd creature like a teddy bear.

The twin tailed fox was near the entrance when a horde of robots blocked the way. "Oh chaos..." Tails gulps. Aster whimpered a bit, backing up along with Tails. Mene quickly looked around before coming up with a plan, they put their arms out and a portal opened up beneath their feet, Aster and Tails falling in. "AHHHH!" The fox screeched, the portal closing up behind them.

Both of them landed on a star shaped platform, Mene falling out of Aster's hands as he landed on the ground. "Ow." Tails rubbed his head, looking around at the star filled sky, "Woah..." Aster quickly popped up, spitting since he had landed face first. "Mene!" He said disapprovingly before realizing where they were, "Home..."

"This is your home!?" Tails asked, shocked. "Yeah." The young pup replied calmly. "Wow!" "Yeah, I'll tell you all about it, I promise, but for now we need to find your friends." Tails quickly snapped his head towards the wolf, a smile creeping on his face. "Yeah... here, " The fox sat up and put out his fist, "It's a power bump, you deserve it."

Aster looked at the fox's fist, before slowly putting his to theirs, Tails beginning to laugh a bit. "Good job!" They said laughing. Mene stared at the fox with a glare. "Don't worry Mene, " Aster said calmly, "You'll figure it out later!" "Yeah!"

Tails stood up and helped Aster up, "Any idea where my friends are?" "Hmm" Aster thought for a moment, closing his eyes while Mene flew into his arms. Aster's eyes quickly opened up, "The nebula! It's not too far from here." "How do you know they'll be there?" "I can feel them, come on."

Aster stepped off the platform, a smaller one appearing in beneath his foot, a pink ripple coming out once he stepped. The wolf looked back at Tails; they were nothing but shock. "You... Are full of surprises, Aster." Tails laughed, beginning to fly after his friend. 

~-------------------------------------~

Please vote and comment your thoughts and feedback.

~-------------------------------------~